“Thrills that appeal to all, even the surliest teen!!”
Review of Bromley Mountain

Bromley Mountain
Ranked #1 of 2 things to do in Peru
More attraction details
Owner description: Winter is for skiers and boarders; summer is for outdoor enthusiasts to enjoy a variety of activities including golf and America's longest "Alpine Slide", at this mountain, a favorite with the locals.
Reviewed August 11, 2011

Family friendly, pet friendly, variety of attractions in a beautiful, scenic mountain settting. Despite my fears, I rallied to board the zip line--with lots o encouragement--and loved it!! Highlight of our trip.

Reviewed August 8, 2011

The new zip line, priced at $20.00 per person is just an incredible experience. I did it with our adult son & 2 good friends. It was an amazing rush. sooooo glad I did it.

Reviewed August 5, 2011

My family has been to Attitash in NH for years; this blew that away! Three great alpine slides, clean and fresh environment (paint looks like new, nothing run down), helpful/friendly/plentiful staff on hand, plenty of people but never felt too crowded. I can't believe this place hasn't marketed itself more; we just found it by accident and were thrilled we did. We went thinking we would stay for the 10:30 - 1:00 ticket; we ended up staying until closing. I would recommend that you pack your own lunch; the food (while tasty) was the only thing here that felt overpriced.

1  Thank JMKCT
Reviewed August 4, 2011

I visit 1-2 times each summer with kids for alpine slide & other rides. Avoid weekends & Tuesdays (free ice cream day) unless you don't mind lines & waiting. Go on a weekday for the morning only session (10:30- 1:00) & you'll save $, get on all rides you want & move on with your day. If you decide to stay the afternoon just upgrade to full day by paying the difference in price. Not 6 flags (it's VT remember) but enough to keep you busy for a while, not overwhelming, no loop coasters or vomit inducing stuff also good for younger kids. There's a deli & outdoor bar with real pretty views, a cool place to hang out if you're not into the attractions & only need to buy a ticket if you want to go on a ride. Use common sense with your control on alpine slide or you'll end up at First Aid with road rash...it's a long story....

Reviewed August 3, 2011

My husband and I, both in our 40's visited Bromley in August, 2011 with our twin boys, ages 12. We were VERY pleased with the park overall for the following reasons:

Hospitality: At the entrance, while we waited in line, we discovered that we forgot our sunscreen on a hot, sunny day. We found, to our delight, a huge jug of sunscreen there for guests, that we could use free of charge. Also, there was iced cold water in huge barrels with cone paper cups available throughout the park for anytime we needed a cold drink in addition to what we brought with us. Bathrooms were clean and smelled good. All necessities available - paper, toilet seat covers. The park staff was friendly and helpful and made us feel welcome all day. Added bonus: a free soft-serve ice cream cone for us (we went on a Tuesday)

The Alpine Slides: The best part of the park for us. The equipment was all in good repair. There were 3 long-riding slides to choose from. One for slow & double riders (parents with little ones) The slides were in very excellent condition and we all felt safe, despite going down at high speeds. We only saw a few people with abrasion-types of injuries on knees and elbows mostly. We witnessed one wipe-out of an older man - probably in his 70's, who let his sneaker touch the side of the track, causing him to toppled off of the sled. (you really need to keep those hands and legs inside of the sled!)

Sun Mountain Flyer: What a thrill! I did this, and found it to be an exhilarating adrenaline rush that lasts a very short time. At the end of the ride, you need to brace yourself for a jolt that stops you quickly. It's worth doing once, but I probably don't need to do it again. Hey, at least I can say I did it.

Water slide: There is one slide to go down on a small, sturdy oval raft. The first time, I went down down double with one of the kids. It was fast, and the tunnels were dark, making twists and turns that made us very wet. Bathing suits required. Even though the slide was not ultra-long, like the alpine slide, it was still very fun and the kids loved it.

Other things:
Trampoline thing: similar to those trampolines in malls. The kids liked it, and did it twice. Adrenaline zip-line: kind of lame. great for kids under 12 though.
Climbing wall: auto-belay style with pillar to climb on 4 sides. Equipment all good.
Space bike: Bike that goes upside down in a big circle while you're strapped in, bounce house, giant swing, mini-golf: All these things looked like fun, but we ran out of time to do them.

Price: Very reasonable compared to other parks. Plus, we stayed at the Wiley Inn a mile away, and were given a coupon to save $4 off per person for us (total $16 dollar savings)

Food: We didn't eat the food because we brought our lunch in a small cooler, so I can't comment on that, but the ice cream was average and hit the spot.

***We will definitely return to Bromley. It was a very fun day for us.***

1  Thank tennismother