“Typical local restaurant with descent food”

The Barn Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 5 Restaurants in Pawlet
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Ljubljana, Slovenia
“Typical local restaurant with descent food”
Reviewed March 29, 2014

We were couple of times earlier in this restaurant and we had quite good memories of. This time we booked a New Year Eve dinner and somehow it was not the best decision. We were not aware that there would be only fixed menues available, fast delivery of all dishes, like we were in McDonald. No personalized atmosphere as we were used during our previous visits.
All in all solid place to go and to experience real local life and eating/drinking atmosphere locals enjoy.
Judging only only New Year Eve dinner I would rate the place 2, however due to previous very good experiences I rate it as I do.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank Dvorjanka1

Pawlet, Vermont
“It doesn't add up....”
Reviewed February 22, 2014

I have been a regular at the Barn for years but due to an illness, I have not been able to get out much. A young man that lives next door checks on me and on this particular evening, I asked him if he would mind getting some food for me from the Barn. He ordered wings for my grandson and a filet mignon for me. When he returned to drop it off, I asked how much I owed him and he said $28. I asked him if he had gotten anything for himself and he said no. So how come it was so much if each entree is 13 and the appetizer was 7 plus tax, it should n't have been more then $23. I was going to call but realized it was in the middle of a Saturday night and didn't want to bother them with this but I am hoping the owners will read this and respond.

• Visited February 2014
2 Thank Culpsych
mansfield, ct
“Good food & Neat Building”
Reviewed December 9, 2013

Wasn't expecting $13 filet minion to taste great but it was! The barn itself was all decorated for Christmas with a huge Christmas tree, lights everywhere, and wreaths in the windows and a fire was going in their huge stone fireplace. We started with side salads and as others have mentioned the house dressing was very good. I opted for a more expensive flat iron steak which was still only $18 dollars and it was tender and delicious. We had he chocolate flour-less cake and cheesecake for dessert and both were excellent. I would definitely go back again when in the area. A reservation is probably a good idea the parking lot was packed and when I called for one I got one of the last tables in the dining room.

• Visited December 2013
Haworth, New Jersey
“Good Food & Nice Atmosphere”
Reviewed November 30, 2013 via mobile

Just got home from a filling and good dinner. We both shared an appetizer, $13 entree (steak & potatoes) and dessert. The salads were good, the mozzarella sticks were deliciously deep fried & the steaks were perfectly cooked. The carrot cake was good, but my lady wasn't a fan of the cheesecake.

Service was good, food was served hot, reasonably priced, and a very cool atmosphere... What more could you ask for?

Toronto, Ontario, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A Wonderful Surprise”
Reviewed November 14, 2013

Even after being told locally that The Barn Restaurant and Tavern was great and reading good reviews here, my big city cynicism was in full force and my Fiance and I expected okay food in an interesting setting. We were so very pleased with what awaited us. Our meals were both excellent and The Barn is beautiful.
No short cuts were taken food-wise and the service was terrific and very professional. We tried the sirloin and the filet since the steak got good reviews. Both were not only perfectly cooked but the sides were also extremely well executed (seasonal vegy of the day was pureed squash with crisp green beans). The starch sides were also excellent. We each added a green salad with an interesting (and great) home made blue cheese dressing. So often these things are overlooked. Add a bottle of wine and the total bill was $69.00.
A couple years ago I went to a popular steak place in Buffalo and paid $100 for one person and the Caesar salad came out of a box, the vegys out of a can and the ambiance was cold; the service horrible. I will not go back there but I will definitely go back to The Barn.
We are in the area for 3 months and plan to make our way through the menu. I am getting hungry just thinking about it.
Oh - and a bonus - the tavern downstairs had a live blue grass band playing that we enjoyed with a glass of wine after dinner. Just a great evening!

• Visited November 2013