“Bigger than it looks”

Dan & Whit's General Store
Ranked #3 of 6 things to do in Norwich
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

At first it seemed an exaggeration. Then we asked for help to find a disposable cooler. An employee named Josh gave us quite the tour. The 'hardware section' seems to keep going and going. Since they only had regular coolers, Josh offered us a styrofoam box that had contained some perishable items. It was perfect and no charge! The whole place reminded me of my grandfather's country store. All of the employees were courteous and helpful. One caution: checkout can be slow when they get busy.

All reviews
"deli"
"hanover"
"toys"

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

How about a dust rag? Seriously dusty in here.

If you live in a large urban area and have reasonable internet service, you will most likely have access to the stuff found in this store. The difference at Dan and Whit’s? Eveything is under one dusty roof.

I found that most of my vacation travel through New Hampshire and Vermont provided me with almost zero cell service and sketchy internet. No big name stores or malls in the area. Therefore, Dan and Whit’s solves problems and fills voids for locals. Can’t beat the super friendly service.

I started up the stairs to the second floor only to turn back. It was getting hotter and dustier. Looks like clothes and boots up there.

On the day we started our journey home, we bought ice, a charging cord for my iPad (broke mine), and ordered a few sandwiches to go. Looks like they have quite a popular to-go food business.

Since they solved all my problems for the day, minus one star for my dust induced sneezing.

Reviewed July 9, 2018 via mobile

Pretty much one of my favorite places on the planet. Country store in small town Vermont with EVERYTHING you might ever need or dont know yet that you need. Motto is " if we dont have it you dont need it"

All the essentials of a grocery store and mercantile but a kid toy section, boots and farmer clothes upstairs, hardware and garden supplies for days (just stride right past the butcher/deli to narnia) and the biggest wood pile and boiler system in the very bowels.

Like pike place market in Seattle under one roof. I live in Seattle but dream about living next door to Dan and whits.

Reviewed July 3, 2018 via mobile

Dan & Whit’s was a highlight of our trip to Vermont. Don’t miss it! Small town America at its best. We went 3 times in 24 hours!

See more reviews
Reviewed June 24, 2018

Great general store, and more. It’s a meeting place, and has become the engine of community service with Dan Fraser’s now annual fundraising event for the Upper Valley Haven, “The 19 Days of Norwich, 1% for the Haven”, an effort during the December holiday season, which continues throughout the year.

Dan and everyone is constantly improving the store, from adding fresh pizzas to the great produce section. Nice wine selection, too!