“such a varied menu”

Good for: Romantic, Families with children
nh
“such a varied menu”
Reviewed November 21, 2012

can eat in a dining room, or the bar area which has plenty of room and a very pleasant atmosphere. The menu is widely varied, with small plates or full entrees--fish, meat, vegetarian, all accommodated in unusual combinations. Nice wine selection. We go here often.

Visited November 2012

Norwich, Vermont
“Even Better & More Reasonably Priced”
Reviewed November 18, 2012

Since my last visit, the chef/owner has combined the main restaurant and the bistro. We went on a Friday night and the place was packed, so reservations are recommended, especially at the weekend. The menu has been completely re-designed and a number of the signature but more expensive entrees, such as the rabbit, are no longer there. There are now some interesting, inexpensive morsels, in addition to the small plates (always reasonably priced), and large plates.

Since Friday night is seafood night, my friend ordered the grilled salmon with lentils and kale, while I ordered the halibut special with a delicious sauce, quinoa and carrot sticks. Both entrees were excellent, and we ended up splitting them in two and sharing them. Also on the menu that night was a heavenly oyster dish with leaks and spinach in a creamed sauce, a variation of the classic oysters Rockefeller. I could have eaten a dozen of these! Hot, homemade rolls rounded out our meal. An excellent house Chardonnay went well with both entrees.

We also split dessert, which included a fresh, lightly glazed fig, a nut cookie, and a delectable homemade, honeyed, ginger ice-cream. And new this time, coffee at the end of the meal was served in a French press.

• Visited November 2012
Lyme, New Hampshire
“Much improved”
Reviewed November 3, 2012 via mobile

We haven't eaten in this restaurant in several years after some disappointing experiences there. We decided to try it again last night and were very pleased. My wife, a vegetarian, was very happy that there were several interesting options for her. The one she chose was very good. While I eat fish, I can't digest dairy, and the chef was very accommodating. The special cocktails were another treat. An altogether pleasant experience. We'll be back soon!

Greenwich
“loved the atmosphere of this restaurant”
Reviewed October 29, 2012

I really enjoyed this place. We tried a few appetizers: I recommend the Moroccan meatballs and the pulled pork biscuits. I found the White Anchovy Crostini disappointing. The wine that was suggested to us (Malbec from Argentina) was really good and well priced. I had mussel provensal and it was fine (it is not spicy at all). My wife had salmon but it was a little overcooked. It was a very busy day with homecoming at Dartmouth. Service was excellent. The room was cozy (I read some reviews stating that it was too loud, that was not the case for us).

• Visited October 2012
Worcester, Massachusetts
“Underwhelmed”
Reviewed September 24, 2012

An interesting menu but reality didn't quite match expectations. Had the veggie burger...it was quite a messy eat with consistency and color similar to raw ground beef. Just not what I expected, but reasonably tasty. My big complaint was that the room we ate in was just too loud to have a decent dinner conversation. I don't think I'd return here.

• Visited June 2012