“Good Breads and Kitchenware”

King Arthur Flour: Bakery, Cafe, School, and Store
Ranked #1 of 1 Bakeries in Norwich
Cuisines: Cafe
Description: Discover our flagship campus in Norwich, Vermont! Every visit is delicious—you can shop in The Baker's Store; take a class at our state-of-the-art Baking School; and peek in to watch the bakers at work in our busy bakery. Enjoy breakfast, lunch, dinner, or simply a pastry and coffee at our popular café. Bakery + Café: Hand-shaped baguettes, hot from the oven. The perfect sticky bun. Pizza by the slice. Our bakery offers a wide selection of delicious, homemade food, all made with the finest ingredients. School: Our Baking School welcomes all bakers, no matter your skill level or baking interest. Classes range from introductory demonstrations for beginners to intensive week-long courses for the professional, with a variety of hands-on classes for both adults and children on everything from perfect pie crust to baguettes. Store: Our bright, airy store is a baker’s dream, filled with thousands of ingredients, tools, and pans. Our expert staff are on hand to help your very best baking.
Reviewed November 17, 2012

I go to King Arthur Flour once a week. In fact, I am just off there to pick up my weekly hazelnut brioche for the weekend. Brioche is only available on Fridays and Saturdays but well worth the wait. I often buy their organic whole-grain bread with flaxseed, but also recommended their miniature dense chocolate "decadence" cakes and Napoleons. In addition, I purchase King Arthur's specialized flours, crystallized ginger and dried cranberries here--everything is of excellent quality for the home baker.

Kitchenware is top of the line and is nicely organized in a spacious new layout.

it is a special place to visit now that their renovations are finished and there is more seating. Further, you can enjoy coffee and a pastry in the central atrium, although I would avoid Saturdays, when all the tourists arrived and the parking lot is full. In good weather, you can eat outside.

Reviewed October 18, 2012

What a delightful surprise! The King Arthur Flour store is much expanded, improved, brightened up with lots of windows, and there's real space to move around the many displays with small carts. They even schedule several live demos each day in the kitchen area of the store.

AND they have a fantastic eatery....a warm, cozy cafe with lots of tables, overstuffed couches, and even outdoor areas that provide plenty of seating. The menu carries delicious sandwiches and salads, all with very fresh ingredients (and of course, made with their own incredible breads), a soup of the day, smaller plates of hummus and tapenades, as well as their sweet items in the bakery. Orders are placed, then you grab your table, and they bring your order to you with a smile when it's ready. Fast service too, during a full lunch hour. Reasonable prices to boot. I had a large mug of soup that came with a slice of artisian bread, a side salad, and a chai tea latte for $11.00.

In addition, their official working kitchen has huge windows so you can watch the cooks at work. Plus they have separate space in their new building for cooking classes. Check out their website for schedules, online shopping, and even the cafe menu!

Overall, it was a great day-visit for me, as I live in the state. I know that people from out of state travel here and stay at a nearby hotel. Whether you love to cook or to eat, make it your destination for the day and you won't be disappointed!

Reviewed September 29, 2012

We were there for the grand opening of the store and bakery. The sandwiches were killer with fresh local ingredients - and THE BREAD, incredible. Well worth a trip even if it is out of the way. Do take take to shop in the store, baking bread is my passion and KAF is my favorite store.

Reviewed September 28, 2012

Stopped at KAF to purchase some flour and other bagel ingredients at the store, but my husband and I were lured to the cafe area with the aroma of fresh bread in the background. He ordered a slice of pizza and an Americano. I ordered two cookies (yes - sweet tooth!) and an iced tea. All totalled around $11. We sat at one of the tables, enjoying our food and the surroundings. The new building is fantastic. His pizza was SO good - I had one bite and he had to pry it back out of my hands. I failed to share my flourless chocolate cookie and oatmeal raising cookie with him. Both were heavenly. The chocolate cookie was more like a brownie in cookie form. Mmm..