King Arthur Flour: The Baker's Store and Baking Education Center
Ranked #1 of 7 things to do in Norwich
More attraction details
Owner description: King Arthur Flour's Baker's Store & Café is packed with everything you need for your very best baking, from hard-to-find ingredients, innovative gadgets, and top-quality pans, to easy mixes and a huge selection of baking basics. Grab a pastry or lunch from our café; relax and check your email with our free WiFi; and connect with our expert staff about all your baking questions.Our store is open and ready for your visit!
Chatham, New Jersey
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“A spouse review...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2014

The review by 808leiei is spot on. My husband took the same course this week. I spent many comfortable hours in the cafe area reading and computing. Every employee that I encountered was friendly and helpful. A short trip to the Science Musuem and across the Connecticut River into Hanover, NH were nice diversions.

Visited April 2014

Worcester, Massachusetts
42 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 85 helpful votes
“Top Notch Baking Classes!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2014

A friend of mine told me about the King Arthur Baking Education Center. We finally had the opportunity to visit this past weekend and now we can't wait to go back! In the morning, we took the Cake 101 class and in the afternoon it was Advanced Cake Decorating Techniques. Both classes exceeded our expectations! The Classroom (The Sands Room) was great and the instructors (Melanie in AM and Elizabeth) were excellent. Learned so much and can't wait to go back! The is a wonderful Café there were you purchase food for breakfast or lunch. The sandwiches we had for lunch were awesome. There is also a very large store there with all sorts of neat cooking/baking gadgets and boxed mixes. I was 150% satisfied with my day at King Arthur! Highly recommend it!

Visited April 2014
1 Thank LovesToTravel716
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“In a word...WOW!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2014

We had the pleasure of attending a 4-day class at King Arthur's on Artisan Breadmaking. Unlike so many other courses we've taken, the course at King Arthur's was nonstop advanced Breadmaking. Croissants, crackers, wood fired pizza, French bread, baguettes, and sourdough bread represent a SMALL handful of the breads we made. On a typical day, we made three or four different types of breads using a wide variety of techniques. The kind and knowledgeable instructors taught many many new techniques...I wouldn't have guessed that there were so many ways to prepare a preferment or to knead bread. I thought I knew how to bake bread before, but now I feel like I could make just about any of those pricey, crusty artisan breads found in an upscale bakery. The only problem we had was that we had LOTS of bread at the end of the day...at least a large shopping bag filled with bread EVERYDAY. In fact, we had so much bread that we did not eat anything except bread for a week.

The facilities for the class were roomy, clean, and well equipped. The instructors (who also work King Arthur's helpline) were exceptionally knowledgeable and approachable. It seemed like there were no questions that they were unable to answer...even questions that were outside of the course.

The King Arthur's store was huge and filled with wonderful flour, grain, and other ingredients and kitchen gadgets that are almost impossible to find elsewhere. Then there is the cafe. Everything looked wonderful (but we couldn't try any food because of all the bread we were eating). We did, however, get a chance to try their hot chocolate with a pillowy, tasty home-made marshmallow (mmmmmm).

I can't say enough positive things about the experience, other than it should definitely be near the top of everyone's bucket list.

Visited March 2014
2 Thank 808leiei
Manchester, New Hampshire
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“A baker's paradise”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2014

Went to this baker's store/cafe with my wife. I'm not a shopper, but this place was quite interesting even for a husband. The store section had everything immaginable for baking and the quality of the items seemed quite good. Store was well laid out. Cafe food was excellent, latte was excellent. Cafe seemed a little disorganized while busy and a little pricey, but the quality of the food was worth the cost. We traveled nearly 100 miles to visit this store and I would probably make the trip again.

Visited March 2014
West Lebanon, NH
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“A Unique Baking Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2014

Everything you could ever want for your baking needs, in an atmosphere that is spotless, friendly, and smells like grandma's kitchen. The products are all top notch, the food is great and the location is perfect - right off the interstate. We are so lucky to have this wonderful store in our area!

Visited February 2014

Travelers who viewed King Arthur Flour: The Baker's Store and Baking Education Center also viewed

Been to King Arthur Flour: The Baker's Store and Baking Education Center? Share your experiences!