“Fun store for foodies”
Review of King Arthur Flour

King Arthur Flour
Ranked #1 of 7 things to do in Norwich
More attraction details
Owner description: King Arthur Flour's Baker's Store & Café is packed with everything you need for your very best baking, from hard-to-find ingredients, innovative gadgets, and top-quality pans, to easy mixes and a huge selection of baking basics. Grab a pastry or lunch from our café; relax and check your email with our free WiFi; and connect with our expert staff about all your baking questions.Our store is open and ready for your visit!
Reviewed June 28, 2012 via mobile

Like walking through the KAF catalog. If this sounds like fun, you'll love it! Bought a baguette on the way out-it was divine.

Reviewed June 27, 2012

I end up here at least once a week. Their hazelnut loaf and olive levain (Saturday's only) are fantastic. I'm thinking of taking some vacation days and taking one of their week long baking courses.

Reviewed June 23, 2012

These folks have been making flour since the 1790's, and they have it down. Their new store and baking education center is a fresh and fun approach to exploring your "inner baker". There is a cafe with oversize windows particularly appealing to children because they can look through to see the bakers at work in a huge commercial kitchen. You may not have been looking for blue checked paper cup cake holders... but once you see them or many other kitchen gadgets in the store, you will be standing in line with the rest of us. And you never saw so many flavors of muffin mix in your life. A fun outing in the Hanover, NH area - just across the bridge. Cafe on site.

Reviewed June 12, 2012

This was a surprise. We were in town to search for ancesters in area graveyards and had a little time to do something else, so after driving through the Dartmouth campus, we came across the King Arthur Flour Center, and stopped out of curiosity. It was a wow experience-- everything and anything you could ever imagine connected with baking. Since I have been having a lot of trouble getting bread to rise in my bread-making machine, I figured this was the place to find out what I might be doing wrong. I conferred with a very nice staff person about my troubles, and she covered all the ground with me as to what might be wrong. Bottom line: all my materials were way out of date and stale. I left the place with a bag full of new flour, dried milk, and yeast (as well as a neat kit for making biscotti) and advice how to make these things last longer in the freezer. When I got home, I tried out the new stuff in my machine and had success-- for the first time in years I produced a fully risen loaf of bread. Thank you King Arthur Flour Baking Education Center!

Reviewed June 7, 2012

I've taken a couple of baking classes, the pizza one with my husband for his birthday last November, and the Bread 101 class with my daughter the day after Christmas 2011. Both were EXCELLENT experiences. They send you home with so much knowledge on how to do things right, and with all the goodies you baked. With the pizza class, we each went home with the pizza AND a calzone that we made. In the bread class, we each went home with a loaf of bread, a braided bread, a Sicilian bread, and some scones that each of us made. It was AWESOME!! My sister and I are taking a croissant baking class on the 17th of this month. I can't wait! My husband went along to the pizza making class, telling me it was more for me than for him (being his birthday), but he had such a great time, too, that we're both going back this fall for a sourdough bread making class. The store is very nice and has lots of delicious baked goods, and lots of things you can buy for cooking, baking, and boxed mixes, and just about anything you could think of for kitchen gear. My only issue is that everything in the store is over priced, IMO. Otherwise, I would've given it 5 stars. It is so easy to find, and in a nice, quaint New England town (I live less than 100 miles away, so not a bad drive for me, about 1.5 hours).