“Great for kids”

Montshire Museum of Science
Ranked #2 of 6 things to do in Norwich
More attraction details
Owner description: The Montshire is an award-winning hands-on science museum. You'll experience over 140 exciting exhibits relating to the natural and physical sciences, ecology, and technology. As a 110-acre museum on the Connecticut River, there's always plenty to explore, both indoors and out! Open daily 10-5. Summer Admission (May 17-September 7) $16 for adults, $13 for children 2-17. Regular Admission: $14 for adults, $11 for children 2-17 Two day passes available. Free for members and children under 2 years of age. Water exhibits in outdoor Science Park are on mid-May through early October.
Reviewed June 23, 2012

Under 5 play area is one of best I've seen. Couldn't drag my 4 year old grandson away...until we discovered the water park/ water falls outside in the back of the building. Worth a visit.

1  Thank Mimiinthecity

Reviewed June 19, 2012 via mobile

Everything this place has is fantastic. I ended up buying a year family pass because my granddaughter loves it here. The only complaint I have is there is no microwave for public use especially to heat baby bottles with all the families that come daily. And they dont unlock the cafeteria room in the warm weather because they want you to eat outside. I want to eat inside sometimes when its too hot out and I want to cool off and eat in a cooler place. Plus my husband is handicapped and cant move well to get to the dining pavillion or we have to walk all the way to the front building and hope we find a free table. Not easy to do. They have hadicapped parking but the entry to the building is so hard to get into. Other than these complaints the place is great for kids!

Reviewed June 8, 2012

My family stopped here on the way home from a trip to the White Mountains. We thought New Hampshire was great, but our trip was totally eclipsed by our stop here!!! This is an amazing hands-on science museum geared towards younger children. My two year old loved it so much he asked us to promise we would be come back. There are lots and lots of hands on stations, and miraculously they were all in working order! There are hiking trails around the museum, and best of all in the Summer, there is an outdoor section of stations with water sprays and fountains that the kiddies love to splash in and get wet! There are also activities/demonstrations during the day, and all of the special activities were a lot of fun. This is one of the most fun science museums I have ever been to, and I'm so glad it is in upper Vermont, as if it were in Boston, NYC, etc it would be so overrun and crowded! It is worth a trip on its own, but you owe it to your kids to stop if you're passing through on I-91 or I-89.

Reviewed May 28, 2012

This has become a family tradition. We take all the cousins up once a year. My kids are much older now and they still look forward to it. EVERYTHING is intereactive... that is the key. They love the bubbles and the ant exhibit. All exhibits change regularly, so it is never the same. The kids love the hiking trails out back, and when the water exhibit is up and running, they could spend hours there.

Reviewed May 21, 2012

This museum is alive with interactive displays that keep kids involved and interested, especially when the outdoor water park section is open in the summer. But adults will find it interesting, too. Worth a side trip for families.