“Always a treat”

Cuisines: Cafe
Vermont
“Always a treat”
Reviewed January 13, 2014 via mobile

We've been going here since it was Alice's.The quality,preparation,taste has always been wonderful.GREAT cappuccino,turtle bars,meringues,truffles,bread.I miss buying bread but the baker is gone.Nice sunny back table to enjoy your meal

• Visited September 2013

Lebanon, New Hampshire
“Best Latte. Seriously !”
Reviewed January 9, 2014

I went over to this little cafe / bakery just because I had heard so much about it. On a cold winter evening, a latte is what I wanted and I got the the BEST latte that I have ever had. I have had Latte in Germany, Italy and Switzerland. Still, hands down the best Latte. I drink coffee seldom since I don't seem to get a good coffee. The way I want it. Smooth. Not bitter. brewed to perfection!!! The Latte I got here was smooth, silky and brewed to nothing but perfection ! I am so happy tonight….
You have to try this place for coffee and awesome food. I will go back again very soon.
The food is very tasty and innovative for all ages and moods.

• Visited January 2014
London
“Pleasant atmosphere, food nice but expensive”
Reviewed April 2, 2013

Well, they may not have a baker on site now as they did in the past but I have been there several times and the food has been fine, however overpriced, a portion of cooked salmon on its own was 15 dollars.
I had a tasty crab cake and some creamy spinach, there were no fresh leafy salads.
The cakes and pastries looked delicious. Service was with a smile. Simple eating area was very pleasant. I also visited King Arthur Flour a couple of minutes away and this has a really superior looking cafe with lots of atmosphere.

• Visited April 2013
Wakefield, Massachusetts
“Nice Surprise!”
Reviewed February 16, 2013

Me and my husband were visiting Norwich and decided to find something within walking distance of the Norwich Inn to get a light lunch so we found Allechante. As soon as we walked in I knew I would like it there. It was warm and welcoming and there is a beautiful display of different pastries, scones etc that they serve. They also have sandwiches, salads, and wonderful Vermont cheeses as well as soups, pasta's and sauces to go. My husband got a Roast Beef Sandwich on Ciabetta bread and I got a salad with pecans, cranberries and balsamic dressing as well as a portion of their delicious cous cous salad. While we were waiting for our sandwich and salad to be made we ordered a hot cocoa for my husband I got a cappuccino. Both were made perfectly and the service was wonderful! We also bought a few things from the pastry case. We got a chocolate chip cookie, a ginger molasses cookie and a brownie with chocolate chips. The only reason I am not giving it a better rating is that the cookies were a bit hard and I like soft chewy cookies and my husband said the brownie wasn't chocolaty enough for him even with the addition of the extra chocolate chips. This would be a must visit again when we are in the wonderful town of Norwich.

• Visited February 2013
nh
“special prepared food to go or eat in”
Reviewed November 21, 2012

very good, and different prepared food to take home, or eat at one of their few tables. Some delicious desserts but there used to be so much more, and the great bread is gone. Still a fun place looking out at the grassy sort of courtyard.

Visited September 2012