“Warm and Friendly”

The Knotty Shamrock Pub and Grill
Cuisines: American
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Great Drinks, great Atmosphere, nice specials...pregame here before a Norwich Hockey game...servers are alot of fun!

1  Thank MASSmom6

Reviewed October 27, 2012

Thought this would be a dive of a bar, and was pleasantly surprised at the clean, wood-paneled atmosphere. The draft beer was delicious although not very cold. I prefer really cold beer. The cheese curds were fab-u-lous as well as the sauce you dip them in. The onion rings were just ok, but my son liked them more than I did. Overall a great place!

1  Thank Sally B
Reviewed October 27, 2012

Nice clean tavern. Try the locally brewed beer on draft. Waitress suggested cheese curds which didn't sound good but were to die. Had to return twice for more curds. Great service college edge hangout but I was welcomed there. Closed Monday and Tuesday. Would visit again , need more curds.

1  Thank rcb46
Reviewed October 10, 2012

One evening, while visiting my sister who lives nearby, we decided to eat here instead of cooking at home. We have some Irish in our heritage, and so you could say that we HAD to dine here at some point.

Dad had the Shepard's Pie and inhaled it. My sister and I had more or less regular bar food: a burger and a sandwich. Everything was good. I also tried one of the specialty drinks for the night, and it was a great prelude to dinner: inventive and fun! A good beer selection makes anything go down more smoothly, and so I think I've revealed my bias here.

The bar is a little dark on the inside, so good for conversation with family and longtime friends but probably not great if you're trying to get to know someone. Also, I feel the prices are a little on the high side, but I completely enjoyed my food and drinks to the extent that I thought it was worth it.

I would return again and would recommend it to friends.

1  Thank OrnithEntom
Reviewed August 19, 2012

We had 2 lovely fish dishes but there was a good choice on the menu, good atmosphere and friendly staff.

1  Thank Jenniwren21