“Perfect”

The Woods Lodge
Ranked #1 of 2 Northfield B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed October 29, 2013

I had the wonderful experience of staying here for three months last year when I was under contract for Central Vermont Medical Center. My cottage was warm and comfortable, the veiws were spectacular, the management was great and although it's been a year since I left, I still miss it. I would love the opportunity to go back and would do so in a heartbeat. If you have the opportunity to stay here, do so!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for The Woods Lodge

Reviewed December 4, 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed in the Willow. It was so cute and homey and the whole property is so nice. It's very close to Mount Pelier, so we did a day trip there. We also hiked around the property, just beautiful! The owners are so friendly as well.

The best part for us was that the property is pet friendly. Our dachshund Hank had a great weekend in the wilderness!

We will definitely be back.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 28, 2012

I booked a woman's retreat at The Woods in late September and it proved to be a great location. The retreat lasted for 3 days and there were 19 women in attendance. We had the place almost completely to ourselves so we had plenty of peace, quiet, and privacy. We also had lots of space to move around. Plus, The Woods was a beautiful place to visit in the early fall.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 18, 2011

We stayed 3 nights while visiting family in the area, and it was very nice and comfortable; I wish we had been able to spend more time there at the camp, but with all the visiting and tourist attractions we had little time to relax. The time we did spend was very quiet and relaxing, however, and the bed was VERY comfortable! Breakfast items locally made that were left in the fridge for our arrival were a great bonus! We would certainly stay here again and recommend it to others.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank bfree326
Reviewed June 19, 2011

This was a perfect place for my wife and I and some friends to stay while visiting family and friends in VT. The cabins were clean and comfortable and the hosts were fantastic. We will definitely be back next May!

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank pbhake
Reviewed April 12, 2011

My daughter and I were charmed and delighted by the quiet, rustic beauty this place affords. Our cottage was cozy and charming, and although we didn't ski, it's only 30 minutes from Mad River Glen and less than an hour of the greatest ski resorts in the east. But what made our stay truly special was the wonderful family that owns and runs this gem of a place. They were hospitable, fun, and enthusiastic. We were treated to what we both agreed was the best pancake breakfast either of us had ever had. The Woods was an incredibly pleasant discovery for me and my daughter. We look forward to returning.

Room Tip: The
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed March 31, 2011

Despite the lingering snow and cold weather, our stay at The Woods was just the getaway we needed: four people and two dogs in a rustic cabin, the quiet to enjoy each other's company in a lovely woodsy setting, a gas fire that flickered all night long like a warm friend, a welcoming host, and then just across the road an amazing gourmet meal and live music entertainment. Wish we could have stayed longer.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Northfield
Comfort Inn at Maplewood
Sugar Lodge at Sugarbush
Twin City Motel
Twin City Motel
#1 of 3 in Barre

Been to The Woods Lodge? Share your experiences!