“Warm Atmosphere on a Cold December Night”
Review of Le Belvedere

Le Belvedere
Reserve with OpenTable
Le Belvedere is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 31 Restaurants in Newport
Cuisines: American, Sushi, French
Dining options: Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed March 10, 2013

We arrived during a snow storm but everything inside made us feel warm and welcome. The meal was amazing....could barely finish the huge portions. Wine list is excellent. I can only imagine how beautiful the view over the lake is in better weather.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

I guess I should just start acknowledging that when I come into Newport I'm going to (a) have a great time and (b) have fantastic food. I have been so completely and pleasantly surprised every time!

I just went to Le Belvedere and sat in a cozy little leather chair overlooking the lake. The ambiance is divine. Servers were attentive on the cold evening with just a handful of tables in house. I had a Paris Manhattan (Oh-la-la-la-love!) with whiskey and Ste. Germaine which was simply delicious. I tried some of their bread (made in house and served hot with olive oil and balsamic vinegar just the way I like it). I ordered from the tapas menu roasted garlic (good on the bread - though I would have liked it better a bit more roasted and warm instead of cool), and stuffed peppers (just a hint of spice with lots of acidity - lovely).

After deciding that I was just going to stuff myself (it's cold out - it's hard to want to not eat much when it's freezing) I had the pork tenderloin which was 'crusted' (read: sprinkled with a few) with cashews and in a frangelico sauce (O.M.G. if there hadn't been people there I would have licked it off my plate). The starch portion was large, the veggies were delicious (would have swapped for a few more of the perfectly cooked veggies for the fabulous, but filling, starch), and the pork was really nice. Chef had marinated the pork first so it was slightly briney, which paired well with the sweetness of the sauce. I only managed to finish half of it, but it was just.....sigh.....so yummy.

I will certainly come back here in the summertime to enjoy the view of the lake and to try more of their inspired menu. A lovely evening - even flying solo!

1  Thank VTBoarderGirl
Reviewed January 10, 2013

Fine creative food (and Thursdays are sushis nights) , good service, excellent location. Been there at least 15 times, never deceived... Does one need more ?

Reviewed November 11, 2012 via mobile

I came here with friends in the summer. We sat outside overlooking the lake. It was very nice. I ordered sushi. It was fresh and delicious. I found the price to be reasonable for the quality. Drinks were stiff and service was very nice. I will definitely be coming back.

1  Thank RPR84
Reviewed October 25, 2012

My wife and I were told to give this place a try, as we wre staying at a B&B in the country nearby.Many things on the menu supported local growers of meat and vegetables,, which was quite impressive and very properly priced. The food preparation was top notch and presentation was excellent. Portion size was great and you certainly did'nt leave still hungry.
An excellent experience to our trip going forward to our next destination.