“Good Thai in VT - who would thought it?”
Review of Baan Thai Cuisine - CLOSED

Baan Thai Cuisine
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 19, 2013

A very friendly place with great Thai. Great dishes that are authentic. No 'extra' stuff, just real Thai cooking. Right on Main St. Fantastic value for lunch.

Reviewed June 11, 2013 via mobile

We drove through this quaint town a few days ago and had lunch at this place. I'm a big fan of thai food who has eaten it at different places. The food was nice though I have eaten better ones but being in this remote town, I wasn't expecting much and it was far beyond my expectations. I had pad thai and it was good but the portion wasn't too generous. My wife had fried rice and I must say it was much better than the pad thai. In summary, it was a nice surprise.

1  Thank golflover26
Reviewed May 5, 2013

We went there with a group of friends and that night my husband was sick as a dog from the food he ate..I had something all together different with beef and I couldn't even chew it because it was like shoe leather.. Last time I went there.

Reviewed May 4, 2013

Just went for lunch.Servers are always friendly and the service is fast. Everything I have tried is authentic American style Thai Food.When I go to a new Thai food place I base my impressions on the Pad Thai is lousy chances are the rest of the food is lousy. The Pad Thai here is excellent creamy,lots of the proper ingredients and if you order it with chicken,pork seafood are Tofu they don't skimp on the quantity.The last 2 times we went there our server was Jared and he the service he provided could not have been better! PEOPLE OF NEWPORT OPEN YOUR MINDS!! Thai Food is great,don't be afraid of it! It's not going to bite you.Prices are really reasonable also.They need some more foot traffic.The place was empty and this is supposed to be Newports new revitalized Main Street?? Give Thai a Try before there is just another empty store front on Newports Main Street.

Reviewed April 17, 2013

The forst thing I look for in any restaurant is service, it usually means the food will be up to the level of service. Last night's dinner at Baan Thai in Newport, Vermont started with great service and the notion proved true as the mean was quite simply absolutely what we wanted. Hot Thai noodle soup - they make it as spicy you want - and I like mine spicy. It was perfect and plentiful. The Singha beer was cold and the tea hot. Wonderful.