“If I could give zero stars I would”

The Brown Cow Restaurant
Ranked #6 of 31 Restaurants in Newport
Cuisines: American
Description: Serving Breakfast and Lunch only. Friendly staff. Excellent food. Reasonable prices.
Reviewed May 5, 2013

I can't comment on the customer service because there is none unless being gruff and obnoxious is considered customer service and that is just what you get from the owner. The breakfast is just your average fair, eggs,bacon,sausage pancakes (extra for maple syrup) the waitstaff is constantly changing so that should say something about the working conditions there.The food is average at best although my wife has had to send her undercooked scrambled eggs back on 2 separate occasions and I don't recall her sending any type of food back,ever. I once made reservations for a table for 8 and the owner told us no problem and when we got there he said he couldn't accomodate that because it got too busy. Then why did you not say that when we called or reserve the table for 8.If I am going for breakfast in the Newport area this would be my last choice, Try and find Brenda's or the Family Recipe on Main Street in Downtown Newport both establishments will treat you right give you a good meal and appreciate your patronage.

3  Thank nyctovt

Reviewed March 31, 2013

Again , did not actually eat here. But everyone we spoke to said it had super breakfast. We don't eat often in AM so didn't go. But sure well supported by locals. Not fancy, just real food.

Reviewed March 24, 2013

Had a great breakfast at the counter. Friendly staff, homemade breads and desserts. Food was great, cooked to perfection and fast. A tad more $$ than expected but would definitely recommend.

1  Thank KSMAVT
Reviewed February 9, 2013

On returning from a weekend to Quebec, my husband and I stopped in Newport for gas and a quick bit. We almost drove past this little restaurant, but quickly pulled into a parking spot.

We were not disappointed...food (we had breakfast) was delish, portions were perfect, and the staff was friendly. We arrived on a Sunday before 12...and only breakfast was being served at that time...which was what we wanted anyway. Eclectic decorations, lots of cows, but even a pink pig!

2  Thank Donna S
Reviewed January 23, 2013

My motel was only a 100 yards down the street from the Brown Cow so I frequented this establishment a few times during my stay in the area.

The food was excellent, the staff very friendly and the owner Ken provided for some great conversation.

I would highly recommend stopping in for breakfast or an early lunch (they close at 1:00 on the nose). It's a great place to get a feel for the town and meet some locals.

2  Thank Kgosselin