“Great breakfast spot”

The Brown Cow Restaurant
Ranked #7 of 31 Restaurants in Newport
Cuisines: American
Description: Serving Breakfast and Lunch only. Friendly staff. Excellent food. Reasonable prices.
Reviewed January 23, 2013

My motel was only a 100 yards down the street from the Brown Cow so I frequented this establishment a few times during my stay in the area.

The food was excellent, the staff very friendly and the owner Ken provided for some great conversation.

I would highly recommend stopping in for breakfast or an early lunch (they close at 1:00 on the nose). It's a great place to get a feel for the town and meet some locals.

2  Thank Kgosselin

Reviewed November 7, 2012

Gathered there with a group of friends the day after a major open-water swim race. Very hospitable-- just the place to hang out before each going our own way. I had a short stack of pancakes. Excellent coffee. Homey atmosphere.

2  Thank Winter_Bearer
Reviewed November 5, 2012

A small but homey diner serving breakfast and lunch. The sunday breakfast crowd was booming with a line out the door. The food was plentiful and inexpensive. Lots of interesting touches around the place.

2  Thank Odessa K
Reviewed October 27, 2012

Every time I go home to visit I try to eat here for one yummy breakfast! The owner is always there and chatting it up with crown-very "homey" feel :) Its always packed on weekends so I try to go weekdays. Everything on the menu is super- The blubbery pancakes are fresh and the size of your head and the toast (all kinds) are fresh baked. I have never had a bad plate of food here and I am a picky eater ;)

1  Thank Megan O
Reviewed October 17, 2012

great quaint diner, great food friendly servers. Always busy! I would reccommend the breakfast specials and the homemade muffins they are always awesome!

1  Thank Charlie S