“Comfy and cozy!”

Newport City Inn & Suites
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Newport
Reviewed March 21, 2014 via mobile

My husband stayed here while we visited our daughter. Very nice comfortable and clean room. Located right on the Main Street , it's within walking distance to Subway , convenient stores , and other eateries . Breakfast was very good with bagels, muffins, coffee, juice etc. only negative my husband said he missed some fresh fruit. My husbands room was exterior , however they do have a newer building that has interior corridors. Overall a very comfortable stay!

Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank 1995win

Reviewed March 11, 2014 via mobile

My room had damaged carpet with some crumbles left on it..
I also found few long hair in the bathroom, albeit not in the tub..
Otherwise bed was clean and comfortable.
I did not use the gym or the pool but looked good.
I recommand wok n roll, a casual chinese place next door for great value and food.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed November 21, 2013

I arrived late in the evening and checked in and found it to be quite quaint and warm. The girl at the desk was very open, friendly and smiled as if it were early morning. That is a treat in itself these days!
The room was small, but very clean and well arranged, cable tv, cofee maker, and spacious enough for a weary overnight traveler to get some much needed sleep. There are no eatining facilities on site but for breakfast, I recommend The Black Cow also located just down the street on Main itself.
Well worth the price and I left well rested and satisfied!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 22, 2013

We have stayed here every year now for the past five years. We like Newport so much that we have brought friends and family along with us. This motel is very clean and comfortable. The personnel are very friendly and helpful. Their prices are reasonable. Breakfast is included. It's a typical continental offered in a pleasant room with lots of windows which is nice on a sunny morning.

Room Tip: The bed in Room #30 is quite noisy, even just turning over. Told them about it. Never encountered...
Reviewed October 22, 2013

This hotel is very nice, and has updated with a Keurig coffee maker and flat screen TV's. They have also have updated so you get many more channels. Unfortunately their Internet service is still very poor, so do not expect to hook up and get great service, but for us that was not important.

They provide breakfast as part of your stay, but nothing hot, except making toast. The hotel is very clean, comfortable, and when we travel through Vermont we stay here, as it is not far off the Interstate, and is very relaxing.

Reviewed October 19, 2013

We were surprised by how good this motel was after having experienced much worse ones at a higher price. The room was large, nice bathroom, excellent helpful staff and good breakfast for a motel. Walking distance from town and the lakeshore (about a mile). Would definitely recommend.

Reviewed September 22, 2013

Oh my god! I forgot my cell phone in the room! My worst nightmare, my life is in that phone. The employees were so nice. They made sure it was mine by asking a few questions. They sent me my back my phone by courier and two days later it arrived at my home. We will definitely go back on our way back.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Newport
Jay Peak Resort
The Tram Haus Lodge at Jay Peak Resort
Ripplecove Lakefront Hotel and Spa
Horizon Hotel
Horizon Hotel
#5 of 5 in Sutton
Le Pleasant Hotel & Cafe
WilloughVale Inn and Cottages

Been to Newport City Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!