“Has something happened since May?”

Newfane Cafe & Creamery
Ranked #1 of 1 Dessert in Newfane
Cuisines: Delicatessen
hampshire
“Has something happened since May?”
Reviewed September 26, 2012

We stayed in Newfane this last week as our friend had just popped out when we arrived so we went to the Creamerie for a coffee asked for cappuccinos there were none,do you do hot chocolate I dont think so, I will look, no was the reply,we had coffee from the flask .A man came in asked for icecream no we don't sell it may be we will next year. This is called Creamerie.Went with our friend ordered 3 cappuccinos from a different server and got something akin to latte but not bad.
Being Brits we don't give up so went back again asked a young lady server for cappuccinos she asked our Ist server can you make them he said I'll try also we aske for a Tuna melt the coffee was served maybe a third of a 12 ounce cup of brown stuff each my husband paid over 14 dollars for this and a tuna melt (no prices on the sandwich board) so I asked is this all I get about the ? Coffee, yes , for over 14 dollars? Yes 8 something for the sandwich and 3 each for the? Coffee, we had full cups the last time we came , you been before? And it was full? Turns to the girl she's been before and had full ones,3 times we went over this and after some discussion he said he really did not know how to use the machine, really? And gave me 3 dollars back and said you been before? You might not come agian,the sandwich was great although a bit dear.
On our last day we offered to take our friend to breakfast at the creamery but she declined but suggested we walk down for coffee she's such a joker, the owner Dan was there and a young lady made us 3 great cappuccinos with his help,our previous server was there maybe he should be taught how to make them !!

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank Oaks46

Metuchen, New Jersey, United States
“A fun place to eat”
Reviewed September 10, 2012

A great place for sandwiches, meals and snacks. The sandwiches we had were very good. All fresh ingredients and tasty. No A/C inside which makes it hot in the summer. Something for everyone here.

Visited July 2012
Enfield, Connecticut
“Great stop along the way”
Reviewed July 5, 2012

We stopped at the Newfane Cafe on a backroads trip around Vermont. Great variety on the menu, cool little spot.

• Visited June 2012
Newfane, Vermont
“Best Hot Pastrami Sandwich on Planet Earth”
Reviewed June 1, 2012

These folks make a Hot Pastrami Sandwich with Carmelized Onions and Dejon Mustard that must have been originally designed for angelic . Lived here a year and never stopped in, now I am kicking myself in the rear for all the exciting food I could have enjoyed had I taken a moment to taste their fare.
Totally Awesome.....This is a don't miss for Newfane Visitors......

Visited May 2012
1 Thank Neal A
Scarsdale, New York
“little gem - don't pass it by”
Reviewed May 11, 2012

Fabulous value, great food, it isn't just a coffee shop, but a funky little restaurant

Visited May 2012