“A Hidden Gem!”
Review of Muddy Moose

Muddy Moose
Reviewed February 27, 2014

The Muddy Moose is a fantastic place! The owners were so welcoming and friendly. The service was great. The cabins were perfect. They were stocked with everything you could need. The grounds were beautiful. We will DEFINITELY be back!!!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank Brian K

Reviewed January 17, 2014

Stayed at the Muddy Moose Jan 13 to 16 2014, 3 Nights. Stayed in Cabin # 1. It was beautiful ! As I do travel constantly, I must say that this property is a five star. I have never stayed at a property that was so clean. All of your cooking needs are all of number 1 quality. This is a little hidden Gem, and the owners .....FANTASTIC ! Very Private with the added personal touch. Would stay here again in a heartbeat.......Thank - You....it was wonderful.....

Room Tip: If you are only two people....this cabin is plenty big. Beautiful bedroom, kitchen, living room and...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
4  Thank 245Anne
Reviewed January 1, 2014

We spent three wonderful days and nights in the one-bedroom cabin in October. The cabin was immaculate, well-furnished and extremely comfortable. The kitchen was fully-equipped for as much cooking as anyone would want to do. The mountain views from the porch were gorgeous and the rockers very comfortable! The other cabins were occupied as well, but the property is quiet and secluded and we never noticed our neighbors or any noise. The property contains its own extensive hiking trails, and the game room was great. The owners are friendly and thoughtful, and we thoroughly enjoyed the visit.

3  Thank Chester B
Reviewed December 29, 2013 via mobile

My boyfriend and I use TripAdvisor to find all the hidden gems out there. We were looking for anything in Vermont, as a nice weekend getaway driving from MA. We found Muddy Moose and could not have been happier. We stayed in cabin 1.
The drive to the cabin is beautiful and once you finally arrive, you are greeted by the owners who are fabulous! Both Chuck and Christine were super friendly. They did not bother us at all and responded to emails within minutes!
The cabin was the perfect size and we could not find a speck of dust anywhere! Squeaky clean. In my opinion, cabin 1 has the best view and is the perfect size for a couple. We had all that we needed within the cabin; queen size bed, extra blankets, washer and dryer, fully equipped kitchen, farmers porch, and a nice gas fireplace.
We stayed in and cooked the first night and our second we ventured out to nearby Stowe (about a 20 minute drive). Burlington, VT is also about an hour away.
Needless to say, we will be coming back. I would love to see how beautiful it is during the summer.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank AshleeB21
Reviewed November 8, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for a few days in the beginning of November. It was past peek season and foliage season so it was absolutely peaceful. Our cabin overlooked the mountains that you could enjoy on the rockers on your back porch. There are picnic tables and barbecue pits for each house and a game room cabin as well. The nature trails are gorgeous including a waterfall. The cabin was sparkling clean; it's almost as if you could eat off the floor. They also were fully equipped with every amenity. They even have heated floors and a gas stove so it stays nice and cozy. Chuck and Christine are incredibly nice and accommodating. They even left home made maple cookies in our cabin as well as some doggy treats and other items for our canine companion. We loved that we could bring her with us. The cabins are close to town where you can do some shopping or site seeing or even tour the Ben & Jerry's Factory. If you are looking for a beautiful place where you can enjoy nature and the company of your companions this is the place to be. We are definitely coming back!!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank GJRupard
Reviewed November 5, 2013

My husband and I decided to take a last-minute trip together in September. I'd never been to Vermont and Fall is my favorite season of the year. The timing to see the Fall foliage was just about perfect. However, finding a place at the last minute was not easy. I finally found the Muddy Moose and decided it looked like our best option.
Wow, what a great choice we made! We were there for 4 nights in early October and we loved every minute of it. We stayed in the 2-bedroom cabin, which was beautiful and seemed brand-new. It had everything we would need and more...including some of my favorite "board" games (bananagrams, Yahtzee and Boggle don't technically have boards).
The owners, Chuck and Christine, were friendly and helpful. They were available for restaurant suggestions, etc. I regret that we didn't go ask them more about how Muddy Moose came to be... it's such a great place that I'm curious.
The location is convenient to Stowe and other great places to visit. However, it's removed from the touristy area, so it feels private, quiet, romantic...The views are great as you drive to get there.
The gameroom was cool. Even there, the attention to detail was perfect...
I enjoyed walking on the trails on the property and visiting the horses that were also guests while we were there. ( I also happened to see my first porcupine in the wild...at a distance, which was ideal!!! LOVED that!)
I just can't say enough good things about the Muddy Moose!!! Can I go back there now, please?

2  Thank Eyrehead2
Reviewed October 13, 2013

We were looking for a dog friendly inn near Stowe, and happened upon the Muddy Moose. What a find! Comfortable, quiet, rustic with all the amenities, lovely hiking trails right on the property. We came once in spring and came back again this fall. Dog loved it, too. Everything thoughfully considered, warm and gracious owners.

Room Tip: There is a cabin that has a very accessible and safe bathroom/shower area, if that is a concern.
1  Thank Arlington_MAArtist22
Also consider these accommodations in or near Morrisville
Stowe Mountain Lodge
#1 of 2 in Jeffersonville
Grey Fox Inn & Resort
Grey Fox Inn & Resort
#14 of 24 in Stowe

Been to Muddy Moose? Share your experiences!