“Comfortable room”
Review of Sunset Motor Inn

Sunset Motor Inn
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Morrisville
Sunset Motor Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Morrisville
Thomasville, Georgia
“Comfortable room”
Reviewed August 30, 2013

Room was clean and neat and quiet. Restaurant adjacent to hotel had average food, only ate dinner left to early in the mornings to have breakfast but hotel did give a 3.00 coupon off breakfast per person.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Connecticut
Reviewed August 30, 2013 via mobile

I stayed in a non smoking room here. Most hotels have a complete non smoking policy so make sure to ask for the accommodations that suit you. The place is fine, reminds me of a Motel 6 although I thought the price of $105.00 for a single was a little much this time of year. It's located right next to a restaurant called Stone Grill Restaurant and Pub, convenient

Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank AmazingYogaTrips
Reviewed June 23, 2013 via mobile

I made a 18 hour drive with two other people and got here at five in the morning. Well this is the only hotel I've ever seen that there isn't someone there to let them check in. We wait two hours for a person to get here and they have the worst attitude about everything. They talked down to us with every sentence. At noon, they finally found a room for us (even though half of the rooms were empty anyway). We go to our rooms and they were disgusting. They had a terrible odor coming from them. We had to go to the dollar store and get disinfectant and air freshener just to be able to take a nap in there. They didn't say anything about what to do around here, where to eat, nothing. Once they took our money, that's the last we ever heard from them.

• Stayed June 2013
5 Thank Kessler_n
Charlo, Canada
Reviewed November 14, 2012 via mobile

The room was clean and neat. The bed was comfortable. The bathroom was a good size and all of the plumbing was in excellent repair. The staff was courteous, kind and cheery. We had no issues with this hotel.

• Stayed November 2012
1 Thank Claudejoanne
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Reviewed October 13, 2012

I made our reservation using the Book Online link from the SunsetMotorInn.com website. An email confirmation was returned and all looked fine. But while eating dinner in Burlington my wife asked if we needed to call the hotel. I didn't think it would hurt to let them know we wouldn't be there until after 11pm but was completely surprised to hear that they didn't have my reservation and they were sold out! But if my name was Bob (it's not, I'm Bill) they were still holding a room for me. I was then told I could have the room if I had a copy of my reservation which fortunately I now have a phone that can access my email. So we rushed over to the hotel and then were told the price of the room had gone up $19 since they had not sent me a second confirmation email direct from the hotel and I would have to talk to the lady in the morning about it. What were we to do? I paid the charge and we had a great night's sleep. The place is dated a bit but I wasn't expecting the Hyatt. What was a surprise, was that everything worked and was clean. The bathroom looked like it was renovated recently too. In the morning I was given the run-around again about the rate and was convinced I would have to dispute it through my Visa bank but 3 days later I had a credit on my bill! I was thinking they were scamming me but apparently it was just an honest mistake. Still - be warned that you should always get a confirmation email direct from the hotel or call them to be sure there is no mix-up.
Another plus was the $3 breakfast discount to the restaurant next door which, since it was Sunday morning, had a basic breakfast buffet with bacon, sausage, bread pudding, egg souflee, omlett station, fruit, and deserts. Of course there is a Dunkin Donuts accross the street too, if you prefer. But we enjoyed relaxing and thought the selections were fine and fairly priced.

Room Tip: Room faced highway and we had zero noise problem. We were basically between the stairs so we didn...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Bill T
Christchurch, New Zealand
Reviewed October 1, 2012

Clean and tidy. The room and bathroom were small and the rate was a bit high. However, only one other accommodation in the town so not much competition. Has a coffee maker in the room and an old television with only average picture quality. A nice place overall. There is a restaurant next door at which you get three dollars off entres at breakfast or a free continental breakfast, and ten per cent off dinners.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank WingerJack
Woodstock, Vermont
Reviewed February 21, 2012

The Sunset Motor Inn was very clean and convenient. The option of three twin beds in a room was great for us (mom traveling with two kids). It was a bit expensive but for a weekend in ski season it did not seem too bad. The convenience of the Stone Hill Grill next door with a $3 per per person coupon towards breakfast was great.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank mfields918
Also consider these accommodations in or near Morrisville
Stowe Mountain Lodge
Green Mountain Inn
Green Mountain Inn
#1 of 24 in Stowe
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,778 reviews

Been to Sunset Motor Inn? Share your experiences!