“Comfortable, Caring, Classy ”surround””

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Morrisville
Thistledown Inn B&B
Ranked #2 of 3 Morrisville B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Montreal, Canada
“Comfortable, Caring, Classy ”surround””
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2012

On the way to booking a two-night stay at the Thistledown Inn in Morrisville, Vt. I spoke with its proprietor just once before I knew that I was going to meet a very interesting person. Sheila Tymon shared so many of my interests - humans, the environment, egg-bearing hens, reading, and on and on - that when I caught myself wondering, as our dates drew near, what to bring her for a house-gift, I had to remind myself, “Hey, this is a B&B, not a family or best-friend visit.”

All my husband and I needed, literally, was a comfortable bed and breakfast on the occasion of a family wedding 200 miles from home. What we got was an incredibly beautiful home-away-from-home with a warm and gracious hostess who was also the creative inventor, preparer and presenter of the most gorgeous, generous breakfasts I have ever seen and enjoyed.

Everything in this 150 plus year old home, including the owner, is beautiful in fact and spirit. I mean everything, from the rescue dog to the Rhode Island Red hens, their eggs, the soaps, the antiques, the modern stoves used for additional heat in each room, the grounds (Sheila calls it the yard!), the view, the conversation and also the privacy. We had it all…everything one could…I was going to say wish for, but I, for one, would never dream of wishing for such a comfortable, caring, classy ”surround” in which to be enfolded. It was warm indeed - not just like home, better than, of course.

Thank you Sheila Tymon again and again and again...

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
ThistledownVermont, Owner at Thistledown Inn B&B, responded to this review, October 26, 2012
LOVE your book. Thanks so much for this precious gift. I hope to see you both again, soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2012

Even though we just stayed for one night, Sheila our hostess, gave us a good taste of how a B&B should be. Our room, the shared bathroom, and dining room (the rest of the house for that matter!) were clean and cozy. She made sure (prior to our arrival) that her wonderful breakfast would meet my special requirements about sunflower intolerance. Sheila also spent some time showing and explaining her different passions to us; it was not only really interesting but it made our stay even more memorable.

Room Tip: The house being located near the street/road, ask for a room located at the back side of the house i...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
ThistledownVermont, Owner at Thistledown Inn B&B, responded to this review, August 31, 2012
You and your friend were such a joy to have as my guests. I hope to see you again soon. Perhaps we'll have time for some energy work. Thank you for staying with me.
New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2012

Thank you Sheila for making our stay a memorable one. Down to the smallest detail, you really went out of your way to take great care of us. The breakfast you served will remain a wonderful memory. Our best wishes to you!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Like I've said, the Universe sends me only the very best people to stay at the Thistledown. I am happy that you are among them. Thank you so much for staying with me.
Stoughton, Massachusetts, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2012

You will not be disapppointed. My husband and I stayed one night & I would have gladly stayed longer. Shiela's attention to detail is truly inspiring. As others have remarked, the breakfast was delicious, and Sheila is careful to demonstrate her environmental responsibility by letting you know (via small placards in the room) where/ how she recycles and even the source of the Inn's electricity.

Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
I very much enjoyed having you and your husband as my guests and would be delighted to serve you again.
falmouth
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2012

All positives... A chipper gal named Sheila took great care of us. Everything was fine, but the breakfast was the highlight. The savory item was delicious and the sweet item (similar to bread-pudding) was "out of this world." She even allowed our Morrisville friends to have breakfast there too. If you have a trip to the Stowe area, make an effort to stay in Morrisville at the Thistledown Inn. The prices are very reasonable and the service is great.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
ThistledownVermont, Owner at Thistledown Inn B&B, responded to this review, August 12, 2012
Thank you, Thank you for this warm review and for staying with me. You and your friends were such a delight. I look forward to next time.
nashua
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2012

Thank you Shiela for your hospitality. You made my stay an experience I will not forget. Not only was my room beaufitul but the breakfast was absolutely fantastic, the presentation -fabulous! I also want to thank you for your suggestions for dining..........the "Bee's knees" well, everything just met my need for pleasure, relaxation, peace, and fun! You'll be seeing me again!

Room Tip: I viewed them all during my stay, and I plan to pick a different one each time I visit, they were th...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
SOOO much looking forward to your next visit. It was great serving you and your mom and I look forward to meeting your husband with you next month. You are awesome.
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2012

I booked a two night stay at the Thistledown Inn, as a mother-daughter getaway for my mom and I. I had heard about the Thistledown Inn from a friend of mine who told me : "YOU HAVE TO VISIT THIS PLACE".

Everything from the time I booked our stay until the time we left was nothing but wonderful. Sheila, the Innkeeper, is one of the warmest, sweetest, and most awesome people I have ever met. With extreme attention to detail and a sincere concern for her guests comfort, this place is unbelievable!

What was my favorite part??.Gee..I don't know..our fabulous room, the fresh cut flowers, the AMAZING ( and I mean AMAZING) breakfasts, the little treats througout the day, the price ( a LUXURY BARGAIN!!), the atmosphere, the room, the grounds, the location, the organic wine she offered us....IT WAS ALL MY FAVORITE!

The location is perfect. On our way towards the Inn, before check in, we visited the Ben and Jerry's Factory for a tour, the Cabot Cheese Annex, Lake Champlain Choclates and The Cold Hollow Cider Mill, and just sampled our way up...AMAZING VERMONT PRODUCTS AT ALL! We didn't even need to eat lunch from all the sampling, and then right before check in we also visited the Von Trapp Lodge...a MUST SEE! The second day, as we were less than an hour from our stay at the Thistledown Inn, we visited Burlington, VT. So much fun!

So, what can I say about the Thistledown Inn....YOU MUST VISIT! You Will NOT be disappointed!!! I was so impressed and I loved it so much, I booked another stay in a few months for my hubby's birthday!
Thank you Sheila ( and your darling mother, whom we had the honor to meet!) I can't wait to see you again in the fall!!!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank jaimet76
We had fun, didn't we? Thanks so much for staying with me and I look forward to having you and your husband next month. Warmest regards.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Morrisville
Field Guide
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,766 reviews
Timberholm Inn
Timberholm Inn
#3 of 23 in Stowe

Been to Thistledown Inn B&B? Share your experiences!