“a memorable, most enjoyable experience in Vermont”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Morrisville
Thistledown Inn B&B
Ranked #2 of 3 Morrisville B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
nashua
“a memorable, most enjoyable experience in Vermont”
Reviewed July 16, 2012

Thank you Shiela for your hospitality. You made my stay an experience I will not forget. Not only was my room beaufitul but the breakfast was absolutely fantastic, the presentation -fabulous! I also want to thank you for your suggestions for dining..........the "Bee's knees" well, everything just met my need for pleasure, relaxation, peace, and fun! You'll be seeing me again!

Room Tip: I viewed them all during my stay, and I plan to pick a different one each time I visit, they were th...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
ThistledownVermont, Owner at Thistledown Inn B&B, responded to this review, August 12, 2012
SOOO much looking forward to your next visit. It was great serving you and your mom and I look forward to meeting your husband with you next month. You are awesome.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed July 15, 2012

I booked a two night stay at the Thistledown Inn, as a mother-daughter getaway for my mom and I. I had heard about the Thistledown Inn from a friend of mine who told me : "YOU HAVE TO VISIT THIS PLACE".

Everything from the time I booked our stay until the time we left was nothing but wonderful. Sheila, the Innkeeper, is one of the warmest, sweetest, and most awesome people I have ever met. With extreme attention to detail and a sincere concern for her guests comfort, this place is unbelievable!

What was my favorite part??.Gee..I don't know..our fabulous room, the fresh cut flowers, the AMAZING ( and I mean AMAZING) breakfasts, the little treats througout the day, the price ( a LUXURY BARGAIN!!), the atmosphere, the room, the grounds, the location, the organic wine she offered us....IT WAS ALL MY FAVORITE!

The location is perfect. On our way towards the Inn, before check in, we visited the Ben and Jerry's Factory for a tour, the Cabot Cheese Annex, Lake Champlain Choclates and The Cold Hollow Cider Mill, and just sampled our way up...AMAZING VERMONT PRODUCTS AT ALL! We didn't even need to eat lunch from all the sampling, and then right before check in we also visited the Von Trapp Lodge...a MUST SEE! The second day, as we were less than an hour from our stay at the Thistledown Inn, we visited Burlington, VT. So much fun!

So, what can I say about the Thistledown Inn....YOU MUST VISIT! You Will NOT be disappointed!!! I was so impressed and I loved it so much, I booked another stay in a few months for my hubby's birthday!
Thank you Sheila ( and your darling mother, whom we had the honor to meet!) I can't wait to see you again in the fall!!!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank jaimet76
ThistledownVermont, Owner at Thistledown Inn B&B, responded to this review, August 31, 2012
We had fun, didn't we? Thanks so much for staying with me and I look forward to having you and your husband next month. Warmest regards.
Melbourne Australia
Reviewed June 21, 2012

Sheila runs a quaint and ecologically-sound B&B just outside the main strip of Morrisville (not that there is much of a strip, but you get the idea.) We turns up thinking we had a reservation, but there was a problem with the web booking, so Sheila had no idea we were coming.  Nonetheless, she offered us a warm welcome and made us feel right at home. Our room had two twin beds, so Sheila offered to make up one of the other rooms, but we were quite happy with the cute room, so we declined. Breakfast consisted of lovely bread and butter pudding-style quiches (sweet one day, savory the other), as well as fruit, muffins, and yoghurt. It was delicious, but more than we could finish. As Sheila works full time, it's quite an accomplishment to keep the B&B going all by herself. I would gladly stay another couple days if in the area.

Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Warm and friendly you are. You two are such a delight and I so much enjoyed having you as my guests.
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed June 1, 2012

I was recommended the Thistledown Inn by a Vermont local as a great place to stay and it lived up to everything I was promised. If you are looking to stay in a historic home (1850's) with the comforts of the 21st century then it's perfcet. The Thistledown is very clean, comfortable and the food is home-made using locally sourced products (and SOOOO Tasty!). Sheila the host is so friendly and made me feel really at home. Thank you Sheila for a fantastic few days - I hope to return again soon.

Paul Yardley - Calgary, Alberta

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
ThistledownVermont, Owner at Thistledown Inn B&B, responded to this review, June 8, 2012
Paul, the LSSU was lucky to have your guidance. I wish you continued success in your business and look forward to next time. Thank you for choosing to stay with me.
Methuen, Massachusetts
Reviewed May 12, 2012

I came to Morrisville to visit with my daughter in college and we stayed the evening at the Thistle Inn. We had a wonderful time "just the girls". Sheila made us feel so much at home and the Inn was so inviting. Our rooms were very clean and comfortable. We didnt want to leave and we will definately be returning in the future! I highly recommend the Thistledown Inn B&B!
-Methuen, Ma

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Thank you Sophia, you and your daughter are delightful and I look forward to serving you again.
Concord, New Hampshire, United States
Reviewed May 6, 2012

A warm welcome complete with introductions to Sheila's "girls" (her laying chickens) in the backyard, a beautiful "princess" canopy bed for our grandchild, and a choice of savory and sweet breakfast casseroles all added up to a wonderful second stay at the Thistledown Inn. Thank you, Sheila, for making our trip to your part of the Northern Kingdom a special one! We look to returning when the bike path that will run by the inn's backyard is completed.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
ThistledownVermont, Owner at Thistledown Inn B&B, responded to this review, October 26, 2012
Thank you so much for your repeat business. The next time you're here, you may not only enjoy the new bike path but also a "returning guest" discount. How does it get better than that?
Boston
Reviewed April 13, 2012

We came for a weekend stay just to get out of the city. We were welcomed right away with good conversation and local beer. The owner is a great lady who has lived in town her whole life (I think) and knows the town and people very well. She is very environmentally-conscious and uses local food whenever possible.

The breakfast was amazing -- both sweet and savory souffles, local fruits, delicious yogurt, bacon, sausage, apple crumble, and more. Although I tried, I couldn't just stop at one cup of the coffee (locally roasted, I think).

The house and room were very comfortable. We felt free to come and go all day and took advantage of several long napping opportunities. The town is also a wonderfully relaxed place that still has a lot of delicious food and drink options. Among the highlights were the Bee's Knees restaurant, the Rock Art brewery, and the Sweet Crunch bakery in Hyde Park.

Overall just a wonderful experience, exactly what we were looking for. We'd love to be back the next time we actually have a chance to leave town...

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Leilana, you and your husband are AWESOME and I hope to hear your music live someday soon. Thanks so much for staying with me.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Morrisville
Stowe Mountain Lodge
Governor's House in Hyde Park
Brass Lantern Inn
Brass Lantern Inn
#2 of 22 in Stowe

Been to Thistledown Inn B&B? Share your experiences!