“Excellent B&B”

High Hill Inn
Ranked #1 of 4 Montpelier B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed October 15, 2012

My wife and I love to visit Montpelier, VT and have stayed in a few B&B's over the years, but none have compared to High Hill Inn. The location, room, breakfast, and management were outstanding in every way. I'd highly recommend them to anyone who needs to stay in this part of Vermont.

Room Tip: Take a look at their website way in advance so you can have the room you desire.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for High Hill Inn

Reviewed October 12, 2012

We arrived at High Hill at midnight--as planned, we thought, but it turned out I had given Ann Marie a completely different set of dates. She couldn't have been more gracious about it--she came down in her pajamas, set us up in her cozy attic suite, and within 30 minutes we were all fast asleep. The next morning we woke up to staggeringly beautiful mountain views and an organic breakfast cooked to order (don't turn down Joe's banana bread). High Hill is now one of my favorite Vermont B&Bs--and I've sampled many. If the weather is fine, don't be in a rush to leave. I can't think of a better place to stretch out with a good book than Joe and Ann Marie's enormous swooping lawn.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 7, 2012

My girlfriend and I drove up to Montpelier from NYC to take in the surroundings and relax for a couple of days. Ann Marie and Joe are two of the nicest people you will ever meet. They were extremely friendly, made an excellent breakfast and catered to our every need including giving us recommendations on things to do, talking to us about the history of Vermont and themselves and allowing us to get up close with their various, friendly animals. We stayed in upstairs loft which offered tons of room and a balcony to survey the beautiful views of East Montpelier. This is what all accommodations should be like. If I ever find myself nearby I will certainly stay here again.

Room Tip: I took a look at all the rooms when we got a tour of the house when we arrived. We ended up staying...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 30, 2012

Our one night experience was awesome : comfortable room, amazing view, fantastic and delicious organic breakfast cooked by our warm and friendly hosts, completed by a walk in the beautiful surrounding area... all of which made our stay at High Hill a most memorable experience, that we will certainly repeat very soon. Thank you so very much !

Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 30, 2012

My family and I stayed with Anne Marie & Joe for ten days (late June through early July) while I completed my MFA residency. It was my graduation term, so I was distracted and stressed, having driven out from CA to give a lecture and a reading, as well as other activities. Anne-Marie & Joe made us feel like family from the moment we arrived until the moment we departed. They cooked us a lovely breakfast each morning, prepared with organic ingredients (and delicious homemade bread!); gave us day trip suggestions; and even drove my sister to the airport in Burlington when the day the rest of us (my husband, mother and I) were heading out by car. Their property is only a few minutes by car from downtown Montpelier, but it's a true country spot with lovely views and sprawling countryside. My only regret is that it has taken me so long to write the review! I am already anxious to return.

Room Tip: One room has a hot tub, which we didn't use. I don't think you would feel ill-served with an...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 27, 2012

This was a lovely B&B with very hospitable hosts. They served a wonderful breakfast (organic!) and even gave us some of their special recipe bread to take with us in our travels. We really enjoyed our stay and highly recommend staying here.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 10, 2012

From the moment of arrival thorough to our departure the following day, we could not have sought a better place to be. The surroundings, the accommodation and the idyllic ambience all combined to present a quality stay. However, it is always the people that make the real difference with Joe and Ann-Marie adding the intangible elements through their natural hospitality and engaging welcome to ensure that our time spent at the High Hill Inn was special and memorable for all of the right reasons. Having the delights of Montpelier so close was great - having the best place to stay was priceless.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank GrantDR
Also consider these accommodations in or near Montpelier
Comfort Inn at Maplewood
Fairfield Inn & Suites Waterbury Stowe
Inn at Montpelier
Inn at Montpelier
#2 of 4 in Montpelier

Been to High Hill Inn? Share your experiences!