“For one night”
Review of Hilltop Inn

Hilltop Inn
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Montpelier
Reviewed June 3, 2012

This place is dated. My girlfriend and I stayed one night and it did its job. It is a place to put your head down at night and sleep. Room 129 is where we stayed, the picture hanging on the wall is falling out of the frame and the lights here are in strange places, the tub is clean but after a shower water is still running and the caulk job needs to be re done. The location is great right outside of Montpelier which was crazy the day we were there. We were not expecting a resort for the price, c'mon people you pay the price and have all of these exceptions, if you want everything go to the chain hotels. We were overly happy with the mini fridge and microwave, room was spacious, tv large- I wish they had the History Channel though. :( I missed an episode of Hatfields and McCoys and they were having a marathon and was going to watch it but couldn't. If we are ever back in Vermont, we would stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
econoinn, Owner at Hilltop Inn, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2012

Dear Justin B,

We appreciate your review and bringing certain deficiencies that you encountered in room 129 to our attention.Since your review all issues mentioned have been addressed to ensure your satisfaction when you return again to Montpelier and visit our beautiful State.Our goal is to go over and beyond for you and ensure your repeat business.

Sincerely
DD/Owner

Reviewed May 29, 2012

I stayed at this hotel while attending a convention in nearby Montpelier. I thought this was a really nice place. Rooms were spacious, especially the bathroom. Bed was confortable. Room was very quiet. There is a restaurant right next door, but I didn't get a chance to try it. There is also an Applebees not far down the street. Staff was friendly. The lobby of the hotel is different, as they have some interesting antiques decorating the lobby.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
econoinn, Owner at Hilltop Inn, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2012

Dear Tonyome.

We greatly appreciate your review and honest opinion.Thank you for such encouraging words.
We would welcome an opportunity to serve you again sometime.

Sincerely
DD/Owner

Reviewed May 25, 2012

When my wife and I went to check in we noticed the windows on the front door were pretty dirty.There were stains on the ceiling in the halls.This is the first impression which is not good.The rooms were old and patched but clean and beds comfortable.This place was a "you get what you pay for".Dont think I would stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Mainelytravel
Reviewed March 23, 2012

Bed bugs! Stayed for two nights and ended up with big welts! At first when I told the receptionist she played dumb saying she didn't know they had bed bugs but when I brought up an article I had read that morning stating they had them her response was -that's was a few months ago and we took care of it." It's hard to find bed bugs and the box springs were so dirty it's hard to tell if there are eggs. Unfortunately I've had experience with bed bugs so I was certain that's what my three bites were from. I didn't see the bugs themselves but I assume they were hiding behind the headboard that was nailed to the wall. The hotel was nice and refunded my money and besides the person I talked to at the desk about this initially (who wasn't goingt to do anything) everyone was nice. The hallways smelled weird. The pool isn't attatched and you have to walk outside throught a tarp covered area to get there. Nice flat screens in room. Rooms are fairly dirty however.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank Katie F
econoinn, Manager at Hilltop Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2012

Dear Trip Advisor Member,
As much as we appreciate your review about us we are unable to decipher your title 'bedbugs', You mentioned bites and yet found no evidence.This may have very well been from a previous encounter somewhere else which just fell on our lap.As much as we didn't need to we refunded your stay giving you the benefit of your doubt.Since your review we have our hotel checked out thoroughly and can assure you and other TA members that there are absolutely no bed bugs and our valuable guests have nothing to worry about.
It is my request to anyone that is concerned about this review to please contact us before making any conclusion,we value your reviews,and your satisfaction is our top priority.
DD/GM

Reviewed January 8, 2012

Of the multiple hotels the city of Montpelier, VT. has to offer, it comes as no surprise the Hilltop Inn surpasses the rest of the competition. The ratings, as you can clearly tell, really do stand out and very true to their word. Clean rooms, awesome service offered at all hours, and some of the friendliest staff. 100% satisfied!

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 7, 2011

We booked at the Hilltop because we know the Hilltop has a lage meeting room that is perfect for our work staff meeting. They accommodated us very well with every thing we needed. Even with the great rates the The Hilltop has, It was a successful weekend.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed November 20, 2011

Even though this hotel is not a major chain, it sure provides value. If it was a chain hotel minus the extra room rate added for a name brand. I usually stay at franchise hotels only , however due to financial reasons my company is budgeting and therefore i stayed here due to best rate offering. I was not disappointed at all due to the following reasons....room was clean, staff was friendly, amenities offered were good. Flat screen tv's , great working hi speed internet access. Indoor heated pool and also a restaurant. Will return again in the future.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Montpelier
Comfort Inn at Maplewood
#11 of 24 in Stowe
Twin City Motel
Twin City Motel
#1 of 3 in Barre

Been to Hilltop Inn? Share your experiences!