“Regular Guest loves Hilltop”
Review of Hilltop Inn

Hilltop Inn
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Montpelier
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Regular Guest loves Hilltop”
Reviewed March 13, 2011

I've been reading these reviews on Trip Advisor for a long time and decided to finally write one of my own.

I stay at Hilltop once a week for 3 days for my job. I return home for the remainder of the week. I have been staying there for nearly a year. I have probably stayed in nearly all of their rooms during the past year and have always been pleased. Never had any issues except once someone knocked on my door when I had my sign on it. Never did find out who it was. The housekeeping people do a pretty good job keeping the place clean and I would surely recommend it to anyone who asked for a good place to stay. I get a superb price and the service is always tp notch and professional. Always a pleasure to stay there.

Thanks!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed March 7, 2011

We read all the reviews before we posted ours and were a bit weirded out by really recent comments about the Hilltop that we all stayed at. We had a perfect time with a clean room and quiet hotel. There was no smell apparent to us anywhere in the hotel that we wandered into, except for air freshener. Our bed was nicely made and the sheets were clean because we check things like that as soon as we enter a room that we rent. The whole room including the bathroom were clean to our satisfaction. We would have no problems pointing other people to the Hilltop based on our successful stay.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Hilltop_Inn, Owner at Hilltop Inn, responded to this review, March 7, 2011
Dear Reviewer,

We appreciate your feedback.Thank you for pointing out deficiencies in the previous reviews.
We offer a good product and a lot of hard work goes towards the end result.
Our rooms are clean and spacious.Our staff is extremely friendly and will go over and beyond for guest satisfaction.We offer all major amenities of any modern branded hotel and care for every guest walking thru our door .
We appreciate your feedback.

DD/Owner.
Poughkeepsie, New York
Reviewed February 13, 2011

A bunch of us stood at the Hilltop for as ski weekend. Both rooms were pretty decent and clean. No complaints from us. The girl running the front desk was a cutie and smiled the whole time. See you guys next winter.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with friends
New York City, New York
Reviewed January 27, 2011

I am not one to usually write reviews, but will make an exception here due to being very happy, especially with value for money at this inn. I was here for business and pleasure.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
Hilltop_Inn, Owner at Hilltop Inn, responded to this review, January 31, 2011
Dear Keld 58

We appreciate your kind words , Please do visit us again sometime.

DD/ Owner
Saratoga Springs, New York
Reviewed January 4, 2011

On a rare trip to Vermont, we stayed at the Hilltop Inn and found a decent hotel with clean rooms and were particularly thrilled with the flat screen TV's because we don't have one at home. Very very nice.

More important than the TV was the Staff there which impressed us mightily. My Mom and Dad were with us and my Mom who is a diabetic, had a sudden severe drop in her blood sugar which nearly rendered her unconscious. My husband called the front desk for some sugar and the staff came running with glucose tablets which was even better than sugar. It was simply amazing that they had the glucose on hand but they were certainly prepared. My Mom recovered quickly and was ok after a short time, thanks to the quick thinking of the people at the Hilltop. Thank you, Hilltop Staff, and absolute best wishes for a great New year over there in Vermont!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
ticonderoga, ny
Reviewed November 28, 2010

We found this little place after eating at one of the local restaurants and being told about it by another diner. It is a cozy place run by new owners we were told. The rooms were warm enough for us and breakfast was more than adequate. One of the employees had helped us pack our suitcases in the car when we were leaving the following day as I was having a bit of a tizzy with my back again. Very nice of him. I think we'd visit again next summer, god willing.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Ottawa
Reviewed November 17, 2010

Our room was comfortable, spacious, and reasonably priced. The service at the front desk was bordering on surly at check-in, but overall, we found this place to be excellent value if you just want a place to sleep. It's a short drive to downtown.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Montpelier
Comfort Inn at Maplewood
Fairfield Inn & Suites Waterbury Stowe
Commodores Inn
Commodores Inn
#13 of 24 in Stowe

Been to Hilltop Inn? Share your experiences!