“Incredibly Overpriced Average Food”
Review of The Thrush Restaurant - CLOSED

The Thrush Restaurant
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 27, 2013

I have tried the Thrush several times now and really, really wanted to like it but what I got was average food at a pretty high price. I dont give this place much hope for being around too much longer and if that happens, its too bad as the "Thrush" in one iteration or another has been in Montpelier forever.

Reviewed August 23, 2013

We found this restaurant close to State House after our tour. We ate outside shaded with the umbrellas. My quiche was wonderful! My friends had the turkey sandwich. One also had chili which he thought was on the watery side.

Reviewed July 2, 2013

Upon entering this restaurant from the rear parking lot, I was immediately enthralled by the decor. It felt as if we were walking into someone's home and it felt warm and welcoming and quaint. The collection of butchers' knives on the wall was a little quirky, but very cool. Hostess was very laid back. We had a party of 7, including 5 adults and 2 children, and our table (we had called ahead) was ready and waiting. The server was all ours, as we were the only ones there at the time (5:30 on a Friday night). Later, however, I found that the patio area was hopping. We had a few questions for the server, and after each one she said, "I'm not sure, but I'll ask." And after every short quick trip to the kitchen, she had an answer, presumably right from the chef. They were more than willing to accommodate changes in the specials menu, which was very much appreciated. For example, my fish came on a bed of Spanish rice, but I saw that they also offered mushroom risotto with another dish, so asked if my fish could be served over risotto instead and I got it! The server also checked twice to make sure that the children's selections were gluten free.The Momo Foku appetizer was amazing! We are not from this area, as we were visiting relatives, but I would highly recommend this place to locals as well as tourists. Great job!

Reviewed May 18, 2013 via mobile

Good mixture of comfort food and dishes with an Asian influence. Burgers are outstanding. Beginning to be a go-to place for state and downtown workers at lunch and an afterwork gathering place especially with the patio open. It is nice to see many old and new acquaintances there.