“Great Displays of Local History”

Vermont Historical Society Museum
Ranked #5 of 19 things to do in Montpelier
More attraction details
Owner description: Museum of history in Montpelier Vermont.
Reviewed July 7, 2012

This is a great place to take a guest from out of state. There is Abenaki history and a Native American-style house. The building is modern and not boring like most people think of historical societies. I would go again with a guest.

Reviewed June 15, 2012

We are New Englanders so are already aware of much of the history. However we did learn some things during the 2 hours or so we spent at the museum. Good perpective on Vermont from colonial to current time, wiht interesting exhibits.
Well worth a visit if yo have a few hours to spend in Montpelier.
Very small admission fee is charged.

1  Thank Etsie
Reviewed June 11, 2012

We had only a few hours there, but staff was helpful and we made good use of our time. Very accessible.

Reviewed June 7, 2012

A nifty place to wandering around - lots of info and friendly help.

Reviewed June 3, 2012

I got some bad news prior to entering the museum. My Aunt passed away, I guess you can say I wanted to get it done with. The museum was educational about the history of Vermont, being from Baltimore, I don't know much or anything at all about Vermont and it's history. As I got more into the exhibits, it did its job it took my mind off of my aunt. My girlfriend also loved the museum. I am a history major with the focus in the colonies and American Revolution period. When we turned the 1st corner and saw the wigwam I was starting to act like a kid.