“Glad we found this place..”
Review of Positive Pie 2

Positive Pie 2
Ranked #11 of 65 Restaurants in Montpelier
Cuisines: Italian, Brew Pub
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Featuring hand crafted food that showcases Vermont's finest local farms and producers as well as our famous hand-tossed New York style pizza. Compliment your meal with our benchmark rotating craft beer selection, seasonal wines or craft cocktails.
Reviewed October 15, 2011

we ended up arriving in Montpelier at a different time than I had thought so I had not made reservations at JMorgans which I had researched on Trip Advisor. When we called it was nearly a 3 hour wait with nothing open til 8. SO being hungry we walked down the street thinking we would just stop in Subway. Came across Positive Pie 2 ..were seated quickly our server did a great job. I will say it was loud and crowded so not the place for a romantic dinner. WOW the food was great and terrific value. I got a pizza and what a suprise when my husband got his order a Julian. Was delicious and a huge serving for $10.

1  Thank MarkettaTroutville

Reviewed March 10, 2011

Dined out with some friends Friday night, the restaurant was pretty full but we got sat quickly. Our waiter was fun and friendly, and the food was delicious. Cool atmosphere and the staff were all quite attractive. Can't wait to go back!

Reviewed February 22, 2011

We live here so have visited Positive Pie 2 a few times and use them for delivery of pizza. Their pizza and entrees are always tasty with a nice selection of foods. I especially enjoy their risottos and salads. The drawback is the crowded, noisy atmosphere with tables pushed so closely together that I have had to ask others at neighboring tables to move so I could bet out of my own seat to leave. Very difficult to have a conversation due to the noise despite the cavernous ceilings. And the service is friendly but slow.

1  Thank MimiandPT
Reviewed October 10, 2010

We stayed one night at the Inn at Montpelier and walked into town to have a late lunch early dinner at the Positive Pie 2. It was recommened by one of the Inn keepers. Our meal was delicious!! Our waiter was very accomodating when we asked if they might have take out forks. We had purchased a famous homemade blueberry pie earlier in the day when we were leaving Maine. We planned to eat some of it for our dessert back at the Inn. Our waiter not only brought us forks, knives, napkins and gave us a great map of the downtown area of Montpelier. We learned he was a native "Vermonter", grew up there, left and came back because he loves it so much. What a pleasure dining there, not only having a delicious meal, but a waiter who went beyond what would be normally expected.

1  Thank narrowvlly
Reviewed August 29, 2010

We had lunch on a Sunday, the 'Native Wrap' for me and soup for my wife. The restaurant was far from full - maybe 6 tables occupied. The wait for food once ordered was long but within the range we've experienced in other places that I'd rate 'poor' service-wise (that's one notch up from abominable). The food itself was quite good. But then the wait for the check was endless - with no servers at all in evidence on the floor whom we could ask to please find our own. Finally I went to the bartender who was quite curt (but not outright rude) and who did produce a check for us. Meanwhile my wife had gone on an expedition to find our own server and found her in the back eating her own lunch, at 12:40 - the middle of the lunch hour, with several tables full of customers waiting for service. To top it off, when we returned to our table we found the half sandwich I'd expected to have boxed to take with me covered with flies (since we hadn't been there to keep shooing them away). The server (Jen) still offered to box the half sandwich for later. Disgusting - and of course made me wonder what the food had been exposed to during our long wait for it to be served..

2  Thank rsd22