Comfort Inn at Maplewood
$209
$200
Hilltop Inn(Montpelier)
$54
High Hill Inn(Montpelier)(Great Value!)
$118
$71
$67
QualityInn
Fairfield Inn & Suites Waterbury Stowe(Waterbury)(Great Value!)
$197
Best Western Plus Waterbury - Stowe(Waterbury)(Great Value!)
$114
$179
$169
Priceline
Commodores Inn(Stowe)(Great Value!)
$94
All reviewsmaple syrupcookiesgas stationbottled waterno elevatorfront deskwafflessoft drinksfree sodabaconapplebee's restaurantboard gamesroom was cleanoff the highwayright next doorfree long distancelittle extras
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Our visit to Montpelier was part of a capitol building tour, and Maplewood is just outside of town. One really attractive feature is a cute/campy area 20 yards from the front door for smokers with benches two tree trunks dressed like bears. Kept the smoke from the door very nicely! The room was quiet, outstanding bathroom, and a very good breakfast. A bonus is that they choose a "guest of the day" and I happened to be selected, but the desk staff was attentive to everyone, efficient, able to answer any question, and they had a fellow who helped some less-able guests transport their luggage. In the morning, the daytime staff was as capable and friendly as the evening group. We would definitely seek out this property and stay more than one day in the area.

Room Tip: I don't think you can get a bad room here as it's located out of the urban area, no loud traffic.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
MaplewoodMontpelier, General Manager at Comfort Inn at Maplewood, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2013

Thank you for your review! We are glad that you enjoyed your stay here congratulations on being our guest of the day! We hope you liked all the little goodies in your bag! While we don't have an elevator, we are always happy to help guests with luggage or anything else they may need! We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed September 2, 2013

Have stayed here a few times over the past few years when passing through Vermont. Always have had a great stay with no issues. Great staff, breakfast, fresh baked cookies in the lobby. The room was very comfortable and clean.
We had a problem with the air conditioner unit being very loud and blowing directly at the bed (in a room with 2 beds) The temperature alternated between too cold and too warm along with the loud noise when it came on keeping me awake. I e-mailed the management on my return home and they responded by offering me 20% off a future stay. This doesn't do anything for me as I don't have any plans to return to this hotel in the near future. I was underwhelmed by this response and did tell them I was going to give a review to TripAdvisor. Supposedly they are renovating room by room to address this problem. I would have given this stay an excellent rating for everything else other than this problem.

Room Tip: Ask for a renovated room which has a new air/heating system. Ask for help with luggage if needed as there is no elevator.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for your review of our hotel. I apologize that you were less than satisfied with your stay. As you stated, we are indeed in the process of installing new heating/AC units that are quieter and more efficient. I do hope that you enjoyed the renovations we've recently done including our hotel's new façade. Again, thank you for your review and we hope that we will see you again in the future!

Reviewed August 24, 2013

It's a very nice place to stay. We stayed there for one night in August 2013. The staff is very polite and helpful. Keurig coffee machine in the room, free long distance calls in the lobby. The room was spacious and clean. Unfortunately there is not hot tub in this wonderful hotel. Gas and restaurant is near by.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank DeHull

Thank you for your review of our hotel! While we don't have a public hot tub, we do have one in our VIP suite. There is also a king bed in the bedroom, a bar area as well as small balconies and beautiful large windows looking out into the woods behind the hotel. I hope the next time you visit, you will consider our VIP suite and enjoy our most luxurious room!

Reviewed August 20, 2013

this weekend we stayed at a Comfort Inn in northern Massachusetts...meh...it was clean, convenient...and, just meh.

just a month earlier I had a need to stay at the Maplewood....and I was spoiled. First---the beds...pillow-top with memory foam pillows....it was a heavenly night's sleep! Then, we cannot skip hot, baked cookies each night. Even if you do not indulge, the scent alone will be an indulgence. a stocked coffee/tea/beverage center open 24 hours and bottled water in the room means I don't have to lug water in, or worse yet....make coffee with a bathroom sink water...oh, make coffee????? Keurig pods! Maplewood should be called MapleDOES!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank kmajewsk

Thank you for your review! You made me laugh right out loud. The Comfort Inn and Suites at Maplewood is proud to make everyone's stay exemplary. From fresh cookies at check-in to clean, comfortable rooms to a full hot breakfast. We want to make your stay the best it can be. Have you met May and Paul Wood? They are our beautifully carved wooden bears that greet you as you arrive at our hotel! Make sure you check out their seasonal outfits the next time you visit! We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed August 12, 2013

We were traveling with our two toddlers and this hotel worked out great!! We stayed in a one-bedroom suite with a king bed. Even with the king bed, the bedroom area was big enough for a rollaway bed and our daughter's pack-n-play. The small kitchen fit the bill and the living area was large enough to accommodate our family while in the room. The staff was excellent, the room was clean and far exceeded our expectations. We will stay here again and I highly recommend.

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank KimberlyJimae

Thank you so much for your review! You summed up our King Suite beautifully! We're happy that we were able to exceed your expectations and that your family had plenty of room. We look forward to seeing you in the future and thank you again for your kind words!