All reviews cookies maple syrup gas station bottled water no elevator front desk waffles soft drinks bacon applebee's restaurant board games room was clean off the highway right next door free long distance little extras king suite
Reviewed December 5, 2011

Although we enjoyed our stay for the most part, when I had called ahead to book an extra night at the hotel on the front end of our trip, I was told I had an "odd name" by the lady at the desk. When we arrived, I discovered she had not booked us for the additional night. To be fair, the room was nice, and so was the lobby, which had games, cookies and hot cider... all very nice.

But there's more. The day before we left, I called the front desk and asked if we could get late checkout. It was not late in the day, early afternoon... my son wasn't feeling well, and I thought he could use a little extra sleep. There was much hesitation (and not the greatest attitude) on the phone. I was asked how late I wanted, and I said 1:00. I was made to hold while the receptionist checked with housekeeping, and then I was told I could only get until 12:30. I said that was fine, but the next morning we chose not to take any extra time and checked out at around 10:00.

When the guy at the desk asked about our stay, I told him it was very nice, but I mentioned the fact that we weren't booked for the extra night on arrival. (I didn't mention the "odd name" comment... it's a Greek name, btw, and most people like it.) Then I told him about the difficulty over my request for late checkout. I was pretty much scolded by him (yes, really), in front of another guest, and told I should have requested late checkout when I originally booked the reservation instead of the day before checkout. No apology for anything. That's when I decided to write this review.

Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank kkat642
Vermonterwantingsun, General Manager at Comfort Inn at Maplewood, responded to this reviewResponded December 7, 2011

Thank you for your honesty in regards to how you were treated at our Hotel. It is unfortunate that we did not have a chance to discuss what bothered you about your stay while you were here. To be honest, I need to apologize profusely as I was the one who checked you in. “Odd” meant “unique” and I am so sorry that you took my response to heart in the manner that you did.

As for the late checkout issue: no we did not handle your request in a professional manner and I again apologize. We try to accommodate as many Guests as possible with late checkouts and had I known the circumstance of your request, we would have found a way to make it work for you.

I would love to speak with you one on one to discuss how you felt when you left our hotel. We value your opinion and would love for you to give us a second chance as well. Please feel free to contact me by phone at any time.

Sue Martin
Assistant General Manager

Reviewed November 18, 2011

We had a VERY hard day of travel, checked into a horrible hotel and left, found this up the street and were greeted late in the evening with an amazing front desk manager, a great deal, great new room that was recently renovated, HAND DELIVERED FRESH BAKED COOKIES to our door at 9:30 at night made especially for us, great service and delivery from Applebees across the parking lot...what else can you ask for? :) They have a HOT breakfast included in the morning and we are tucked in cozy and comfy. Can't recommend it enough. Haven't seen it in the daytime, but, the entryway and decorations for Fall were beautiful. Free wireless, snacks and beverages, chess and checkers in the lobby. What a welcome treat after such a rough day. A+++++++

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
Vermonterwantingsun, General Manager at Comfort Inn at Maplewood, responded to this reviewResponded November 30, 2011

Thank you so much for taking the time to post such a wonderful review! We appreciate your warm response and welcome you to come back and see us soon!

Reviewed October 24, 2011

Fast and friendly check in. Great dinner recommendation.

Room was clean and comfortable.

Nice extras - fridge and microwave, keurig coffee in room, free bottled water, free sodas and cookies in lobby.

Very comfy beds.

Better than the typical comfort inn.

Totally happy! Thanks.

• Stayed: October 2011
Reviewed October 18, 2011

I have to travel to Central Vermont on occasion. It has been difficult to find a hotel that suits my needs. Last week I finally found a hotel for my visits, the Comfort Inn. Even though the hotel is located directly off the highway, my room was very quiet. The front desk had me checked in in not time. There was even a plate of warm chocolate cookies for the guest. My two room suite wasn’t fancy, but both comfortable and clean. very Finally the price was most reasonable.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
Vermonterwantingsun, General Manager at Comfort Inn at Maplewood, responded to this reviewResponded October 26, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on Trip Advisor! We appreciate hearing the good stuff! Our hotels was bought a couple of years ago by a couple of local men who truly put their heart and soul into this business. We are constantly updating rooms, amenities and try the best that we all can to make your stay a pleasant experience. Stay tuned - you never know what you are going to find here next time!

Reviewed October 16, 2011

This hotel is convenient to I89 and Montpelier. Everything was excellent from walking through the door. The staff were particularly friendly and helpful. The hotel and staff reflected the beauty and friendliness of Vermont_ a welcome relief from cities and often incompetent and almost rude people.

We'll be returning to Vermont and this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
Vermonterwantingsun, General Manager at Comfort Inn at Maplewood, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2011

Thank you so very much for your wonderful review. We work really hard to make your stay with us a special one and make you feel at home. Looking forward to seeing you again!