All reviews cookies maple syrup gas station bottled water no elevator front desk waffles soft drinks bacon applebee's restaurant board games room was clean off the highway right next door free long distance little extras king suite
Reviewed August 24, 2011

We were completely satisfied with our stay. The only drawback is that there is no stairs to the second floor, so if you have a disability then book on the first floor. But other than that everything was great. The room, and the hotel in general was very clean. The staff were friendly. Getting a late checkout was not a problem. It is easy access off the i89. The room is nice, nice furniture, good air conditioning. Lots of freebies like free internet and a PC in the lobby, free long distance phone calls in the lobby, free milk and cookies, free bottled water, free soda. Excellent free breakfast which includes bacon, eggs, waffles, real maple syrup, and a lot of other stuff. We were very impressed with this hotel and we do intend to go back next time we return to Vermont.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Vermonterwantingsun, General Manager at Comfort Inn at Maplewood, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2011

Thank you for your wonderful review! We appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you in the future!

Sue Martin
Assistant General Manager

Reviewed August 4, 2011

Montpelier is not a large city and I was leery about choosing a hotel. I felt this was the best choice in the area and I was right. The staff is very friendly. The rooms are nice and well appointed. I appreciated the room amenities especially the refrigerator and the microwave.

The breakfast was very good and a just what I needed to start my morning.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank PaulEBNJ
Vermonterwantingsun, General Manager at Comfort Inn at Maplewood, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2011

Thank you for your wonderful review! We appreciate your business and if there is anything we can do for you in the future please do not hesitate to contact us directly at [--].

Management,
Comfort Inn & Suites at Maplewood

Reviewed July 24, 2011

Pros: Free internet, soft drinks, cookies, GREAT BREAKFAST included (highly recommend the waffles!), and nice customer service. They let us check into our room hours before schedule and within 10 min's of arriving to our room they called to see if we needed everything. A/C worked great - which was invaluable because it was HOT outside! Very affordable price as well.
Cons: Ice machine broke, TV had some grainy channels and no disney channel! Also, NO POOL.
Overall, for the price and location, I couldn't have been happier with our stay. If we are in town again we would definitely book here.

Room Tip: If you are in town for funeral, ask about funeral rate
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank huskiefan_11
Vermonterwantingsun, General Manager at Comfort Inn at Maplewood, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2011

Thank you for your wonderful review! We appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you again!

Management
Comfort Inn & Suites at Maplewood

Reviewed July 5, 2011

As a Director of Sales of a high end Vermont hotel myself, I feel compelled to write my first personal review on this site. I have read some of the other reviews and find myself asking if they stayed at the same hotel that I did! Everything went as well as it could possibly have gone. We checked in early and were welcomed with open arms; we also felt no prejudice checking in as a same-sex family. Gordon was our check-in and check-out agent and he was great. I especially liked that he said "don't be afraid to touch anything in your room" when it came to no hidden fees with anything. Keurig coffee in the room, bottled water, free soda, fresh baked cookies & milk in the afternoon! Our room was one of the older rooms and it was clean and well appointed with a mini-fridge and microwave (perfect for a family!). We also enjoyed the free internet as we had just come from two nights in Burlington where we had to pay $10 a day to connect. Breakfast was fabulous with regular and chocolate waffles available! The kids were very excited about the two different kinds. We found everyone to be helpful and friendly. The week before our stay our eldest daughter needed a hotel in Montpelier so she stayed here as well. She raved about it upon returning home so we knew it was a good place to call when we decided to visit Montpelier. Although the rates had just gone up for the season, the agent on the phone was willing to match the rate we had paid the week prior. Thank you for the great customer service, and we will be back!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank mrsvermont
Reviewed June 17, 2011

Everything was just ok. Despite our requesting early checkin, they had no record of it in their system and made no effort to get us in before 3pm even though they could see we had a four-year-old who was obviously tired. The clerks at the desk weren't very well-trained and had a bit of an attitude. The hotel is old so there is no elevator and no automatic doors which makes it all but inaccessible if you have special needs. For what they charge for rooms, you'd definitely expect more. No pool and tacky advertisements for restaurants and area businesses on all sorts of things from the channel guide to the room keys. Also, don't expect late checkout. Not very accommodating. On the plus side, they are the one hotel with availability in town when all the other hotels are booked. Not really a surprise.

Room Tip: Go to another hotel.
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank TheWanderingArtist
ranchguru, Manager at Comfort Inn at Maplewood, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2011

Thank you for your honest opinion of our Hotel. We appreciate your feedback.

I sincerely apologize for the lack of understanding on our part in meeting your needs. Had Management known there was an issue, we would have stepped up and made certain that a room would have been available prior to check-in time. Our staff strives for excellent customer service and obviously we dropped the ball on your stay. We do also offer late check out - all you have to do is ask.

If you are in the area again - please contact me directly and I will ensure a wonderful stay.

Sue