All reviews in town state house movie theater great restaurant comfortable hotel fitness center old style front desk staff older hotel downtown area convenient location norwich university up to date one night stay new england steakhouse valerie
Selected filters
Reviewed January 7, 2020

Whenever we travel to Montpelier, Vermont, we stay at the Capitol Plaza. It's warm and inviting, the restaurant is predictably excellent and the staff is super friendly.

Friendly, genuine, comfortable and moderate in terms of amenities and price.

If online prices are cheaper than the hotel's website, call the hotel and book direct. They might give you the lower rate.

Room tip: rooms either face the downtown or the parking lot.
Reviewed December 30, 2019

Fantastic location in the heart of Montpelier with an excellent staff and restaurant. The dinner menu is very extensive with huge portions. Breakfast also was quite good. You will not be disappointed.

Trip type: Traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed December 14, 2019

I had a most wonderful stay last week, made all the better by the superb service of the hotel staff, and in particular Valerie, the night desk clerk. She went out of her way to help me when my room, which I thought was paid for, was only being held by a business credit card that I did not have with me. I can't say enough about her pleasant demeanor and her smiling face, which were such a welcome after a long day of training. Thank you Valerie and the Capital Plaza! I will be back :)

• Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed November 9, 2019

I stay at the Capital pretty regularly and the renovations recently completed are wonderful. The upgrades are very well done and make a lovely historical hotel even better. But the true gem at the hotel is Valerie, the evening front desk clerk. After a long day I anticipate the welcome I will receive each night I return to the hotel. She is the epitome of hospitality and is the icing on the cake on a lovely stay. You will not be disappointed with a visit to the Capital.

Date of stay: November 2019
Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed October 31, 2019

The rooms were very clean and had plenty of room in them. the rest. had very good chooses and the food was served quit fast and very hot and and was very tasty. Would stay here again. It is a nice place for anyone.

Date of stay: September 2019