Sheady Acres Rental Cottages
$169
The INN(Montgomery Center)
TripAdvisor
All reviewstea houseirish farmhousejay peakhot tubeach cottagefarm housefun spotsugar shacknearby areaski weekendgreat hostsdog friendly cottagelong trailthis past weekenda wonderful stayfire pitsmall kitchenette
Reviewed May 24, 2012

If you're looking for a quiet weekend or even a week off, away from the crowd and any kind of weather...this is the place for you and your partner or even a family of four (and a dog!)

Eamon, Shawna and Quinn were wonderful hosts. They made us so comfortable that we stayed an extra day. Their daughter and ours became like little sisters. How we found these cottages... well, we got lost (as we do this alot), last year trying to find a specific trail and crossed paths with Sheady Acres. We had to come back! The cottages are really a work of art and you can tell they have put their hearts into this...its so lovely! Our first time was in The Irish Farmhouse. Everything we needed was available for the 3 of us plus we could fit our large crate for our dog.

The hot tub, the birds, the scenic view, the trails in the back, lakes and ponds nearby and great local food! We had not taken a family vacation in 3yrs and this really help us find R&R...rest and relaxation. We're not skiers or snowboarders, but my husband and I will be back and possibly honeymoon there this winter and rent the Sugarhouse-- the clawfoot tub calls upon me! Its close to us, but far enough that feels like a real vacation.

Totally recommend it if you want a peaceful environment.

Room Tip: Top level can get warmer and bottom level can be very cool...Prepare with both kinds of clothes: tank tops, T's and shorts, as well as Fleece hoodie and rainjacket and warm pants.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed April 28, 2012

Came into town to go skiing with a couple of friends and we were going to stay at a local roach motel but decided at the last minute to stay at Sheady Acresinstead. Ended up having as much fun (maybe more) at our little cottage as we did on the slopes. Between the hot tub, 18 hole folf course, and hospitality of the O-Shea's we had a fantastic time. Next time I go to Vermont there is no doubt this is the place I will stay.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 15, 2012

Great cabins! Straight shot to Jay Peak. Definitely the place to stay for those looking to ski and relax afterwards.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 26, 2012

I had to book very close to March break and found the vermont cabin was rented- I was a little
dissappointed when I was told the caribe was available-I was still unpacking the van when my
wife opened the cabin door and said "Oh my God I just love it" It really was nice - It is small (Cute) but everything is so well planned and the workmanship is excellent -nice view facing
the sunsets- close to town-close to the hill -they have a very nice hot tub in a great location
as well- only regret was not being able to see the inside of the other cabins , but they were all
rented of course -great place- great people..

Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 13, 2012

It all started with a beautiful and well thought out website. The O'Shea's are unbelievably accommodating on the telephone; they answered all of our questions and helped us connect with awesome people and adventures for our vacation. I hate to admit that my husband, son and I have become kind of picky over the years. We love adventure but need things done well. Honestly we cannot understand how Emmon and Shawna get it so right!! They are creative, hardworking, thorough and so much fun! We thought Jay Peak was our destination, but we soon learned it is Sheady Acres and are all ready making plans to go visit again in a few months!! This is our top list for lodging in New England hands down!

Room Tip: They are all spotless and very well stocked! They will direct you to the right cottage for your needs depending on size of group!
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family