“A Beautiful Place for a Special Meal”

The Black Lantern Inn Restaurant
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Saint Louis, Missouri
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A Beautiful Place for a Special Meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2012

The chef takes great care with the menu. My best friend and I dined here to celebrate my birthday and we enjoyed every minute. The scallops in peach cream sauce were a special appetizer that day and were fantastic! The dining area is rustic, simple, yet elegant and I do not believe you could have a bad meal there.

Visited July 2012

Saint Louis, Missouri
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Birthday Dinner”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2012

This was a little on the more expensive side but the service was fantastic, as was the food! We each had a glass of wine, some perfect scallops (although a few more would have been good for the price). The main courses were both seafood, and the east coast is the BEST place for seafood. Dessert was to die for!

Visited July 2012
Brighton
“Amazing food and service!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2012

The food was amazing from the Maple-Vingerette to the rhubarb/strawberry gelato dessert. I had the blue cheese/pistachio/apple pork loins and i think i fell off my chair a little because it was so amazing. The staff was very attentive the whole time with 2-3 waitresses taking care of us the whole time. We had a very small 10 person wedding and so we went here after the wedding and even tho they didn't know that is why we were there they still treated with amazing service.

• Visited June 2012
Garmisch-Partenkirchen, Germany
“Delicious food, great atmosphere!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2012

I had several meals at the Black Lantern Inn during my last stay in Montgomery and every single bite was a treat! Brunch was fabulous. Such an extensive selection of foods--fresh baked goods and pastries, eggs, salads and more. And thats just on the buffet. You can also order omelettes, pancakes and french toast from the kitchen. And, of course, those come with Vermont maple syrup! The Bloody Mary bar was very creative. I left feeling absolutely stuffed and satisfied!

As absolutely fantastic as brunch was, dinner still managed to exceed my expectations! The amount of fresh, local ingredients being used in the kitchen is fantastic and it really shows in the meals being put out. I had two different dishes of house made raviolli. The Raviolli Caprese was amazing and so creative. And the mushroom risotto was delicious! I think you really can't go wrong with any dish here. There are a few vegetarian meals always available, whether on the menu or on the specials board. But if you don't find exactly what you're looking for, it sounded as if they could be very accomodating in adjusting a meal to make it vegetarian friendly. But believe me, the vegetarian meals here are not simply a meatless alternative to a real meal. The vegetarian meals here hold their own with fantastic ingredients and flavors! Veggies and non-veggies alike will love these dishes!

And now, desert. The Nutty Irishman. Oh, my god. Home made gelatto. Need I say more? It is worth travelling to the Black Lantern just to eat this delicious desert.

Besides the fabulous food, the Village Tap Room at the Black Lantern offers a fantastic, cozy pub. Beer, wine and whiskey specials every night offer a more affordable chance to try something new or get your favorite Vermont brew on tap. And I think they have a more extensive selection of Irish whiskeys than most of the bars I went to IN Ireland! But, if all you want is a beer and a quick bite, freshly baked pretzels with beer cheese dip is a great choice!

The restaurant and pub at the Black Lantern Inn is a fabulous addition to the town and certainly worth the trip from near or far!

• Visited April 2012
Burlington, Vermont
“Loved it, Everything About it”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2012