“Outstanding food, wine, and service” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Jessica's at Swift House Inn Restaurant

Jessica's at Swift House Inn Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Jessica's at Swift House Inn Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 44 Restaurants in Middlebury
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Route 7
Description: A meal at Jessica's Restaurant is always memorable. The recently updated dining room is a reflection of the casual comfort and style of this New England country inn. Jessica's Restaurant is located in the Swift House Inn in Middlebury, Vermont. Jessica's is just two blocks from downtown Middlebury, set in an 1814 stately home, surrounded by beautiful lawns and gardens. Jessica's casual atmosphere is the perfect place for an dinner for two, or a celebratory dinner for four to forty! Come early and enjoy our bar; Tom, with his more than 30 years of bartending experience, can fix you a cocktail or help you choose the right bottle of wine. We have won the Wine Spectator Award of Excellence for our wine list for six straight years! We also have local beers on tap including Switchback, from Southern Vermont; and two brews from Middlebury, Wolaver's Organic India Pale Ale and Otter Creek Seasona.
“Outstanding food, wine, and service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2012

My wife and I had dinner here last Saturday night. We enjoyed it so much that we came back again on Sunday. The food is fresh and well prepared. Our highlights included a flavorful tomato bisque, pesto scallops, halibut, and delightful deserts such as strawberry upside down cake and a lemon tart. The wine list is extensive with a wide range of prices, and Jason, the sommelier, is a terrific guide in matching your wine selection with your meal. We look forward to a return visit. This would be a highly regarded restaurant regardless of where it was located.

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank 85Eagle

Austin, Texas
“Beautiful B&B”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2012

Stayed here while on a solo visit to my Middlebury student (if traveling as a couple, my husband prefers hotels with workout facilities and big tvs). I loved every minute at the Swift House; the innkeepers are friendly and welcoming - and visit with travelers during the delicious breakfasts they serve. The inn itself is very charming. My room was charming and very comfortable. I will definitely stay here again.

Visited November 2011
Middlebury, Vermont
“Elegant, Enticing and Excellent!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2012

We have eaten at the Swift House in the past and always enjoyed our dinner - any time of year - but I never thought to write a review. Last night everything was absolutely lovely starting with bottle of New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc from the Somalier (sp?) to the warm and smooth creme brule. The owner greeted us, our server was also the Somalier (Jason), the table was graciously, set and it was not noisy. I had Cream of Potato/Leek Soup - which was great! My husband had a salad that he proposed to be crispy and good. I then had the special entree of the night which was a "mixed grill" of quail and a lamb chop. I had never had never tried quail before so I was curious. Moist and good, mild flavoured, served with mashed potatos and rosemary. My husband chose veal - one of his favorites and he judged it to be excellent as was the Rice Pilaf with which it was served. Jason was an attentive server and good at his job. Everything gets an "A". It's in the more pricey side than some restaurants but not out of line. We will certainly go again and suggest that you try it out.

• Visited March 2012
3 Thank kathyincornwall
Lacolle, Quebec, Canada
“Great food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2012

Ate there 2x and loved the food. Everything from soup to dessert was great and full of flavor.

Visited February 2012
Milan, Italy
“A great place where sleep and eat”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2012

The food were really fresh and tasty. They use only products and they are really great. The staff is really lovely and the atmosphere is so romantic. I tried local chiese and i was so surprise for the taste, I come from Italy but the quality was reall excellent. Another surprise was the bere. I have drunk beer every night and it was amazing. Go there close your eyes and taste all, you Will really live a wonderful experience

Visited December 2011