“The Real Deal”
Review of American Flatbread

American Flatbread
Ranked #6 of 46 Restaurants in Middlebury
Cuisines: Pizza
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner
Description: Located in the historic Marble Works district, our front yard features a view of the Otter Creek falls while our back court yard offers dining by the fire circle. An old marble processing plant, our interior has marble walls and high ceilings. We have an open kitchen and the main attraction is our primitive wood-fired oven where we bake your flatbread before your very eyes! Weekly chef's specials highlight the seasonal bounty of our local farmers. Our new bar features 12 taps, fine wines, choice whiskeys and classic cocktails.
Reviewed May 28, 2014 via mobile

American Flatbread in Middlebury is the real deal, if you want European-style pizza with very thin crust and the freshest toppings. The regular pizzas are all user tested for popularity. The daily specials are imaginative (sometimes too much so?). Strong localvore emphasis and a social conscience. Love the house salad, an Asian fusion with shredded carrots and sesame seeds on top. Desserts are amazing--try anything with apples. Atmosphere would be great if they'd ditch the folding chairs. (It's time.) Great for takeout as well. Best pizza in Vermont.

Reviewed April 24, 2014

My husband and I went here for dinner after reading good reviews for it.We ordered a black bean dip which came with flat bread and picked carrot sticks which we really enjoyed .We also ordered their salad with goats cheese which was delicious and large enough to share. Our small pizza was also large enough and quite tasty. add two beers and the bill was $38.00 plus tip. if you enjoy good tasting food and don't mind paying that amount of money for pizza, then I definitely recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed March 24, 2014

The pizza is absolutely the best around!! And it is made of mostly localvore products. The toppings change regularly and can be very unique. It is really fun to watch them make the pizza in the open hearth oven heated with wood. It you get there early, you can sit right in front of the oven and be mesmerized by the talent of the pizza makers.

1  Thank Lynn C
Reviewed March 23, 2014

I have been eating American Flatbread frozen pizzas since I was a teenager. Back in January I one of their pizzas from the restaurant itself for the first time, and not surprisingly it was fantastic! I had the Roasted Tomato Salsa. I was skeptical about ordering a mexican themed pizza, but the ingredient list was delicious and I was not disappointed.

1  Thank rachvdberg
Reviewed December 20, 2013

We were lucky enough to sit right by the ovens and it was a great experience. The service was knowledgeable and friendly and my friend was given samples of wine to try before choosing a glass.
The pizza combinations are adventurous and the pizza is excellent, coupled with the lively atmosphere it makes for a great evening out.
Lots of choice for vegetarians and the service is fast.

1  Thank RSC