“remember?!”

Ranked #13 of 45 Restaurants in Middlebury
Richmond, Vermont
“remember?!”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Roadside dining at its best with the waitstaff coming to your car and the best root beer ever! And that's not even mentioning the wonderful memories of stopping there when I was growing up.

Visited June 2013
2 Thank Joan2115

Vermont
“Group trip”
Reviewed August 22, 2013

Our group of 34 planned a Sunday ride to end up for lunch at Middlebury A & W. We had called ahead and advised them of our plans. When 34 people come in at one time it is an overlaod for the kitchen, but they took it in stride and our melas came out hot and with very little time difference. The servers did a fantistic job. My only isssue was they were not on skates.LOL
The burger was very good and what can be said about the ROOT BEER, non better any where, sadly they close for the winter.

• Visited August 2013
Vermont
“Car hops & Root Beer!”
Reviewed August 14, 2013

A few years ago I would not be so enthusiastic about my review, but they have improved both the service & the food so now it rates much higher. It used to take nearly an hour to get a burger (cooks were slow, not the service). Now they are ready lickety split, while still being cooked to order.

And there is nothing bad to say about the root beer - I love this place for a summer treat.

Visited June 2013
Arlington, MA
“Fun place!”
Reviewed June 19, 2013

Not fine dining, but very fun. I recommend the black bean burger (excellent; get it with cheddar if you're not a vegan), the onion rings, and the root beer float. You wait a bit, but it's worth it!

• Visited June 2013
Alexandria, Virginia
“A step back in time”
Reviewed May 24, 2013

Not all would share my 5 star review, but the A&W on Route 7 approaching Middlebury from the direction of Rutland is a trip down memory lane. My first experiences with the A&W go back to the 1950s, when I spent summers on Lake Dunmore. I swear it hasn’t changed. If you are looking for a place to see the way things were way back then before franchised fast food joints became king, this is for you.

Visited May 2013