“Awesome”

Middlebury Natural Foods Co-op
Ranked #13 of 47 Restaurants in Middlebury
Description: The Middlebury Natural Foods Cooperative is a democratic, member-owned cooperative committed to providing healthy, competitively priced foods while encouraging ecologically sound and healthful patterns of production and consumption. Our cafe serves a variety of healthy foods including made-to-order hot and cold sandwiches, hot soups, full salad bar, hot pizza by the slice, and many house-made burritos, salads, wraps, and baked goods in our deli grab-and-go case. You can also find fresh, hot, fair-trade, organic coffee and tea.
Reviewed February 11, 2014

This place is a great change from the ordinary. I enjoy the local selection of meat and cheese and my wife love the non dairy selections of of cream products. All in all the shopping experience is enjoyable and fun and I recommend it to my one who is near the Middlebury area.

Reviewed November 3, 2013

The co-op is a perfect compliment to the chain grocery stores in the area. They have hard to find ingredients and lots of organic and local produce. So glad they are in Middlebury so I do not have to drive to Burlington!

1  Thank Alysia87
Reviewed October 25, 2013

We travel to Middlebury frequently and the Coop is a gem for shopping for Vermont cheeses, fresh local produce, prepared foods and wine.

1  Thank Anne C
Reviewed September 25, 2013

We have not eaten many of their prepared foods, though what we had was good. What they do have is an amazing array of local beers, hard ciders, wines, foods and produce.

Reviewed July 10, 2013

I heart this place! I'm a natural health food store junky - so naturally I had to visit this place! I could have spend hours in here if my husband hadn't dragged me out! So much to look at - lot of local, organic, non-GMO, vegan, vegetarian options! We ended up purchasing some local maple syrup, vegetarian hotdogs for dinner along with wonderful fresh baked buns and a delicious cupcake from a local bakery!
The staff were all super friendly and always willing to help with any questions. The selection of local produce and goods was astounding! I LOVE Vermont! Wish I could relocate there....sigh.
I'll be back Middlebury Co-op - and next time it'll me just me and you - I'll drop the hubby :)

1  Thank AMandPM_2011