“What a wonderful place..”

UVM Morgan Horse Farm
Ranked #3 of 21 things to do in Middlebury
Reviewed June 11, 2013

Well organised, and educational trip down the history of the American Cavalry Horse.. Learning about the anatomy that makes it so different, inherited from the first stallion, whose statue stands proud in front of the facility.. and to why the mutation of a shorter spine made this horse so versatile, to meeting the horses themselves, and learning about the breeding programme.. what a fascinating day..

There are newer reviews for UVM Morgan Horse Farm

Reviewed November 6, 2012

I do love horses, which is why I spent well over two hours visiting the UVM Morgan Horse Farm. I had a guided tour by a very knowledgeable volunteer, which included parts of the grounds and the inside of the stables. The building is on the National Register of Historic Places. I was welcome to stay inside the farm and watch the volunteers groom the horses. These are extremely friendly horses... my guide let me inside one of the stables and told me to go ahead an hug the horse (which I did). Be sure to visit the website, which is well-constructed and has very good information.

2  Thank Deborah M
Reviewed October 25, 2012

We toured the farm and our tour guide was excellent. He was an apprentice and very knowledgeable. It was quite evident that he enjoyed working at the farm. The horses were beautiful.

1  Thank mangabraintree
Reviewed September 29, 2012

I'm not necessarliy a horse lover, but this is a very special place. Beautiful spot in the country and a fine old building. Learned quite a bit about this breed and witnessed some great riding.

1  Thank Geoff C
Reviewed September 27, 2012

The Morgan Horse Farm is wonderful! Surrounded by rolling green meadows, the historic white barn is a beautiful sight, with the Morgan horse statue standing prominently in front. A mare and adorable colt relaxed in a paddock close by. We had a great tour with Kevin, and watched trainer Steve work with the horses. The gift shop has great stuff, too. The display cases, photos, and history of the place is fascinating.