Inn on the Green
Hotels.com
$206
$143
Basin Harbor Club
Best Western Plus Ticonderoga Inn & Suites(Ticonderoga)(Great Value!)
$149
$127
BestWestern.com
$81
$80
All reviewsbreakfast in bedlocal bakeryyogurtbaked goodscarriage houseotter creek bakeryin townwithin walking distanceevery morningowners and staffwould highly recommend staying herechain hotelsa wonderful staystay there againdelicious breakfastwonderful placemaking reservations
Reviewed June 24, 2010

My daughter and I stayed here while checking out Middlebury College and felt right at home. The owner, Bruce, brought us tea and cookies when we checked in, which was soooo appreciated after the long drive and tour of the school. We stayed in the Lincoln bedroom which was great for us since it had both a queen and twin bed. Plus it has an interesting ceiling feature made from the original doors from the house (very cool!). The room was bright and airy and very comfortable. Breakfast was a basket of fresh muffins and croissants from the local bakery (really good!), an apple, banana and tea/coffee. The lnn sits right off the main town square and is a nice little walk from shops and restaurants. Don't miss the Edgewater Gallery and the view of the waterfall in town. Would definitely stay here again if we make it back to Vermont.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed October 27, 2009

I just have to post a review for Inn on the Green. I could not have picked a better place to stay in Middlebury. It's the right size, the room was well set-up and so comfortable, the bathroom amenities were great (you won't feel penny pinched here), and you could take one of their bikes out for a ride. I picked the Inn based on a review from a business traveler and crossed my fingers that someone traveling for leisure would feel completely at home and relaxed. Throughout my stay--from the minute I showed up at the door to the minute I left--they took care of me in many small ways. How could they have known that I had come a long way on very little sleep, having missed my connection the previous day and having gotten stranded elsewhere before I finally arrived in Vermont? Thank you, Bruce and Brenda, I was fully recuperated after just one night at the Inn on the Green. All the little things do add up. The attention to comfort and the sincere, warm service I received from beginning to end made all the difference during my stay. I can't wait to come back and visit you again.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled solo
2  Thank shanghaispice
Reviewed October 19, 2009

Host and hostess were friendly and unfussy. Comfortable and nicely decorated. Amazing location. What else can you ask for.

Stayed: September 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed August 4, 2009

My wife and I stayed here at the recommendation of good friends who spoke highly of the establishment. Bruce and his team have been very detail oriented and have taken a special interest in helping us plan our itineraries. His team could not have been nicer and we look forward to many happy returns!" Lizzie and Jonathan, Potomac Maryland

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 3, 2009

We stayed at the Inn on the Green for two nights in May. It was exceptional in every way - the setting, our very spacious and extremely comfortable Addison Suite, Adirondack chairs in the sun out front, Lillies of the Valley in the shade out back, lilacs in the hall, friendly and smiling staff, walking distance to Daria's (loved it), walking distance to everything Middlebury College has to offer, access to local beers, a lovely Green, a delicious breakfast in our room with the best CROISSANTS ever, and a very gracious welcome from very gracious innkeepers Bruce and Brenda Grove, who are very knowledgeable about restaurants and things to do and see. Highly recommended; we wish we could have stayed longer - hope to do so next time! Would be nice to visit Middlebury in all seasons!

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple