“Home Away From Home”
Review of Inn on the Green

Inn on the Green
Ranked #2 of 11 Middlebury B&B and Inns
Reviewed March 12, 2013

What a wonderful, warm welcome on an icy, snowy night - fresh baked cookies, a warm and wonderful room, Aveda products in the bath and comfy bed. Scrumptious fresh baked goods, oatmeal and more for breakfast, delivered to the door right on time. Absolutely THE BEST place we stayed as we visited colleges throughout New England. We so hope to spend many more days and nights there! Enjoy!

Room Tip: All the rooms are on line. We were in the carriage house. Charming!
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed March 7, 2013

A clean, comfy, beautiful Inn that gives you all the little extras.....snuggly white bathrobes, a full, delicious, local bakery-filled breakfast in bed, chocolates and the weather forecast on your pillow at night......and they even clear the snow off your windshield in the morning!! Now that's what I call a warm, caring place to stay. This was our second time staying here and the owners and staff are always friendly and welcoming. I would highly recommend this Bed and Breakfast Inn to anyone who wants to be pampered, cozy, and in the center of Middlebury. A wonderful place to relax and return to, again and again!!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 6, 2013

Middlebury is the nicest of towns and the Inn on the Green is right within walking distance of everything, including the college campus. We were greeted by the owner who made us feel immediately welcome and brought us tea which was much appreciated and so nicely done. Our bed was comfortable, we had turn down service every evening, and the most spectacular breakfast in our room every morning (try the croissants, best ever). Everyone was so thoughtful and friendly with us without ever having that too sweet, saccharine feeling that can be insincere feeling at some B&B's if you know what I mean. When we needed an extra room for our daughter who graduated, they gave us a lovely room for her last minute. If they can help, they will. The best!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Christie P
Reviewed February 4, 2013

I have not stayed at many B&B properties and was a little apprehensive until I stayed at the Inn on the Green and realized, how if done properly the B&B experience can be amazing.
My stay began by walking into this gorgeous old home to find a coffee station stacked with little snacks, a wide choice in single brew coffees and teas and best of all freshly made chocolate chip cookies.

The service was fantastic. Everyone who worked at the Inn on the Green was friendly, helpful and accommodating. The room was beautiful (pictures attached), clean and well appointed. The Inn provides complimentary breakfast with a selection of fruit, fresh pastries, coffee/tea, juices, cereals, yogurt, oatmeal. I made my selection and was pleasantly greeted by a knock on the door in the morning for my breakfast in bed experience.

I spent two nights at the Inn on the Green and then two days after I had checked out came back to Middlebury and stayed for another evening. I would highly recommend the Inn to anyone visiting Vermont who wants to experience a fantastic stay in a beautiful Inn.
Thank you Brenda and Bruce. I hada wonderful time and appreciate the warm hospitality.

Room Tip: I had a room upstairs in the main house which I enjoyed (New Haven Room) as well as a room during my...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank NYCtraveler33Nyc
Reviewed November 17, 2012

The owners went out of their way every day to make sure I had everything I needed. They even scraped the ice off my car in the morning. As part of your stay, there is a complimentray continental breakfast delivered to your room every morning. There's a large selection to choose from, and everything comes from a local bakery and it's delicious! The staff also asked if I needed anything every time I saw them. They even offered to turn down the bed every night. Wireless internet and cable TV is also included at no additional charge. I would highly recommend the Inn on the Green to anyone planning to be in Middlebury!

Room Tip: I stayed in the coachhouse next to the main house, and it worked out great. Nice and quiet.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank lsteffens223
Reviewed October 28, 2012

We found Middlebury and the Inn on the Green by chance five years ago and had a fantastic stay; we returned this year to find Middlebury as nice as we remembered and that the Inn on the Green had new owners but the welcome was as we remembered! Brenda and Bruce were super hosts; tea, coffee and cookies offered at every opportunity, along with great advice on places to eat.

On both of our visits we have chosen to stay in the Orwell room, which is decorated in the traditional New England style and is very clean and comfortable, providing a very relaxing base to explore the Lake Champlain area. A lovely breakfast is served in the room and features fresh baked goods from the local artisinal bakery.

The hotel is located on a quiet residential road overlooking Middlebury green and all of central Middlebury attractions are within short walking distance, including the waterfall, art galleries, library, museum and not to be missed Danforth pewter works. There are nice corporate hotels in the area but if you are looking for a traditional inn experience with a little something special, charm and great service; then the Inn on the Green should be first on your list!

Room Tip: The Orwell and Ripton rooms are on the ground floor and are very easy to access without encountering...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TravellingTP
Reviewed October 19, 2012

We just spent four nights at Inn on the Green, and our stay could not have been more pleasant. We had a large family gathering over the weekend and we stayed in the Bristol and Addison suites. Both rooms are bright and large. There were robes in the rooms, Aveda toiletries in the bathrooms. Coffee, tea and water available 24/7, simple, lovely breakfasts (fantastic croissants!), and afternoon oatmeal chocolate chip cookies to die for. Mostly, however, it was the owners and the staff that made Inn on the Green stand out. We had family members coming and going all weekend, and the staff could not have been more accommodating--making up extra beds late in the evening, adding additional breakfasts at the last minute, changing the time of breakfast, etc., and all of this without ever making us feel we were an imposition. While the rooms are somewhat pricey (although akin to other places in the area), the overall experience made it totally worthwhile, and we would happily stay again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank skiesblue2
Also consider these accommodations in or near Middlebury
Middlebury Inn
Lilac Inn
Lilac Inn
#1 of 10 in Brandon
The Mountain Top Inn & Resort

Been to Inn on the Green? Share your experiences!