“Better options in Middlebury”
Review of Rosie's Restaurant

Rosie's Restaurant
Ranked #7 of 48 Restaurants in Middlebury
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed April 23, 2013

I visited this restaurant based on the high number of cars I always see outside this place. After having dined here, however, I do not understand why so many choose this place. The service was lacking, as it felt we had to get contact with the waitress, rather than the other way around. The time between we ordered and we we served was long - probably about an hour. I didn't mind it at the time, since I thought it must mean they're actually preparing the meal from scratch. Yet the food really wasn't all that exciting. I had their signature burger with fries. The burger was okay - too wet, though - and the fries were some of the worst I've had - dry, and absolutely no taste at all. My partner had a veggie stir fry, which was okay. Middlebury is a town with an incredible variety of restaurants, and you will do well by choosing them over this place.

1  Thank Mawifo

Reviewed April 13, 2013

The prices are high and the food quality is very poor, no taste.
The workers need training with every thing in there. I do not blame the workers except the managers.

Reviewed April 12, 2013

What do I look for in a restaurant:
1. Hot water in the bathroom.
2 A clean building.
3. Quality food
4. Price = quality of food

It really deserves a 2.5 rating and a 3 is overrating it. Rosie's has been a mainstay family-oriented restaurant for many, many years. For starters, I think the last time I was there was in 2003 or slightly before. I'm from way out of the area. I'm here to help out some folks I know.

When you walk in, you walk into a warm-friendly place. Always have. The services are just very courteous and professional. You can't help but smile. But service by these lovely ladies doesn't mean the food is good.

Their menu is "handlable." I don't think removing anything will improve the food.
I ordered the meatloaf with mashed potatoes (I asked if they were real before ordering) with peas. If their potatoes are real, they fooled me. They were tasteless. The loaf could probably bounce on the floor (I opted not to try this). Their gravy was fairly bland but it allowed me to eat the white stuff (mashed). Their, what appeared to be a pre-package store bough muffin was harder near the bottom and it was just a decoration to me. Everything was underseasoned. Cost: about $9.95.

My company ordered the 1/2 chicken and skipped the sides. The other ordered spaghetti. They're locals and enjoyed their food I suppose.

I went to a lovely place in Rutland yesterday that would get a four star rating but I don't remember the name. In other words, there are good places to dine here.

My guess is this will be my final trip here after coming to Brandon/Leicester for my lifetime. So, I won't be going back. Even if I do, I will steer clear of this happy, warm place to look for edible food. Rosie's has been here so long, one bad review will not hurt them. But their food really isn't good.

The pricing was fine but since it was all tasteless, the value is poor. I've had worse, so they get one star more.

Reviewed April 6, 2013

Breakfast is my favorite meal and Rosie's doesn't disappoint. Every time we've eaten here the food has been cooked right and so delicious. Terrific value. Service is always friendly and pleasant. Will revisit!!

Reviewed April 1, 2013

Stopped here once no twice last summer. Was on a month long road trip. Welcome change from fast food. We loved the COConut Cream pie. Would go back for that alone. Navan Ireland