“Cheddar Soup Kicks Butt”

Otter Creek Brewing
Ranked #3 of 21 things to do in Middlebury
More attraction details
Owner description: In 2015 we broke ground on a brand new, 120-barrel brew house. This state-of-the-art facility will expand our capacity and allow us to deliver more of our deliciously dank beers to bottles cans and kegs everywhere. Phase one of this project included a complete renovation of our pub and restaurant space. On the heels of upgrades to our packaging and production facilities, our brand new, mid-century inspired digs reflect the commitment we've made to our brand and the collective creative juices the keep our brewery running. We invite you to hop on the bus and join us on our cosmic journey of craft. Pub and Restaurant open daily from 11am - 6pm serving a locally-sourced selection of tasty treats with a healthy dose of delicious brews served straight from our stash to your glass.
Useful Information: Food available for purchase, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed November 3, 2012

Stopped by for a late lunch, i had a couple Shed drafts, both excellent, and a cup of their cheddar soup which was really good. The only reason it gets 4 stars is that my wife's salad was a bit plain. They could do more with a garden salad. This one had too many peppers, which my wife can not really eat too many of, probably her fault for not saying something up front, we just think they loaded up on them a bit much. Anyway, atmosphere is great, full view of the brewery itself, beer is wonderful, staff was friendly, I would absolutely go back.

Reviewed November 3, 2012

We had a light lunch here. My husband wanted to sample the beer. It was very casual - you could see into the brewery via a glass wall. My husband got soup which he loved, I got a salad. It was fine, but nothing special.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

We stop in for a quick bite (usually the cheese plate) and some good beer a couple times a summer when passing through. Small little "pub" with windows all around so you can see into the brewery. Only negative is that it seems to be a bit understaffed with one server and bar tender.

Reviewed September 14, 2012

A small craft brewery that will thrill the beer aficionado. Good food to go along with the beer, local cheese and sausage, etc.

Reviewed September 9, 2012

I have enjoyed Otter Creek beer for years. I was excited to visit the brewery on 09/08/12 after lunch in Burlington. The brewery advertises being open until 6PM, we arrived a bit late at 537pm realizing we might only have a sample or two and have to buy beer to take with us. Upon arrival we received no greeting, the girl working simply said "I called last call you can get beer to go." We mentioned that we were from NY and had driven an hour out of our way, could we possily try a sample- no response. After "begging" for a sample, we were given two samples for four people and then ignored, even though there were only four other patrons in the brewery. After 8 minutes of the woman bar tender pretending we weren't there- we decided to leave. On the way out I asked if this was normally how
Otter Creek treats customers- the bar tender rolled her eyes and looked at her coworker as if customers are a "burden." I can understand a companies policies and other extenuating circumstances, but there is no excuse for a rude and condescending staff- I will not be back and will no longer buy this companies beers. I prefer to spend my money at a company that appreciates it.

2  Thank GJStewart