“The Ultimate B and B Destination”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Middlebury
On the Creek Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #4 of 11 Middlebury B&B and Inns
Montclair, New Jersey
“The Ultimate B and B Destination”
Reviewed February 27, 2014

On the Creek has it all!!! Gary and Zelia are delightful, accommodating, generous and interesting hosts. The setting is without flaw.....the rooms are spacious, spotlessly clean, light and airy, tastefully decorated and extremely comfortable. The property is gorgeous regardless of the season with its beautifully tended gardens leading down to the creek at the bottom of their property (with a canoe for your use). The breakfasts are delicious, organic and show every bit of the loving care that Zelia and Gary put into making and serving them. We have been going as often as we can to On the Creek since it opened 4 years ago. Our daughter, now a senior at Middlebury will be graduating this spring. There is no doubt that we will find other excuses to stay here with Gary and Zelia. It is true there are some other very nice places to stay in Middlebury, but On the Creek is without compare!!!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank sherry b

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
San Diego, California
Reviewed February 20, 2014

We stayed at On the Creek B&B the second weekend in February (Valentine's Day Weekend). Gary and Zelia were excellent hosts - the room we stayed in shares a bathroom with one other room, but it was never a problem and everything was very clean. The beds are comfortable, and the room was actually quite spacious, with a desk and chairs. It was also nice having silent heating in the room while there during the winter weekend (lots of snow). The B&B is conveniently situated a short 2 minute drive into downtown Middlebury.

Gary and Zelia also make excellent breakfasts and coffee! We really enjoyed their frothed milk coffee to go with local yogurt, granola, fruit compote, spinach omelettes, and 4-grain pancakes! The combination of good food and good conversation really made our stay a memorable one!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Pleasant Hill, California
Reviewed February 3, 2014

I can only echo the previous positive reviews…my husband and I had a wonderful stay with Gary and Zelia while in Middlebury to attend our son's Feb graduation. The winter nights in their house were cozy and comfortable - we had everything we needed.

I think my favorite part of staying there was visiting with Gary and Zelia for an hour (or two?) the night we arrived. It was so interesting to learn about how their lives led them to Middlebury. The eggs florentine for breakfast the next morning stands out as my favorite meal.

Kind of makes me wish our son hadn't graduated yet.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed September 23, 2013 via mobile

Peaceful, idyllic setting, with rolling lawns and a deck with a hammock! The canoe set down by otter creek totally capped this visit off! Super comfortable bed, and warm, homey feel. I would recommend this place highly and without reservation!!

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Colomagirl
Reviewed August 30, 2013

My friends, Gary and Zelia, made my family feel so welcome this past weekend...actually, I've just met Gary and Zelia. After the weekend however, I don't feel that I stayed in an inn or a hotel to drop off my daughter for her freshman year at Middlebury. I feel like my friends welcomed me and created the perfect environment to relax, rather than fret, over our first born's departure from home.

From delightful conversations on the porch, to canoeing on the creek (my son and husband), to a wonderful and organic breakfast, nothing could be improved on our stay.

Thank you Zelia and Gary for creating this most splendid environment for us.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Coventry England
Reviewed August 27, 2013

There are times when you look back on a holiday and smile. Staying with Zelia and Gary is such a time. From the moment you arrive at the historic, old brick inn you feel welcome. Unfortunately, we were only staying for two nights and wish it could have of been more. The setting is relaxed an informal with an overriding feeling that there has been care and thought given to every aspect of your stay. The house is beautifully set in grounds that make their way down to the creek and there is an abundance of wildlife. The breakfast has a genuine organic feel with everything from the fresh fruit to spinach omelettes being prepared as you sit on the veranda overlooking the garden.It was also great to share time after breakfast with our hosts hearing about the area, their travels and plans for the future. We went away feeling relaxed and very pleased with our choice. Well done Zelia and Gary!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed July 21, 2013

We were in Middlebury to look at the College with our 15 year old daughter. On the Creek was ideal, since my wife and I had one room, our daughter the other, and we shared the bathroom in between. Zelia and Gary are what I want in innkeepers - friendly and welcoming without being overbearing. The historic inn has a simple, clean elegance; the breakfast was perfect: ripe fruit with local organic yogurt; homemade scones; and a simple delicious omelet with good bread and jam. The coffee too was excellent. Their gardens are very pretty, and the property goes down to a river. There is a hammock on the porch and a great selection of books. Zelia and Gary, having lived in Middlebury for so long, are able to suggest many things to do - they told us about an Edward Hopper exhibit at the College that was open on Sunday. Just about all one could ask for in a B&B.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank MarkfromMonkton
Also consider these accommodations in or near Middlebury
Middlebury Inn
#3 of 3 in Middlebury
Strong House Inn
Strong House Inn
#1 of 3 in Vergennes

Been to On the Creek Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!