“Met our every expectation!”
Review of Morgan's Tavern

Morgan's Tavern
Reserve with OpenTable
Morgan's Tavern is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #22 of 45 Restaurants in Middlebury
Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Morgan's Tavern is located in the Historic Middlebury Inn. Serving Breakfast daily from 7am to 10am, Lunch Mon-Fri 11am to 2pm and Dinner Tue-Sun 5:30pm to 9pm. Serving locally sourced food and beverage in a comfortable atmosphere. Seasonal outdoor dining.
New York
“Met our every expectation!”
Reviewed August 8, 2012

My family and I dined at The Morgan Tavern on August 3 & 4, as part of our stay at The Middlebury Inn. We were very pleased with the attentive, friendly service and very impressed with the fact that much of the food was locally sourced. The flavor and value was absolutely wonderful and the atmosphere was very ambient! Breakfast and dinner were so good, in fact, that our vegan daughter opted to indulge and delight her tastebuds while on vacation, and even commented on how savory the food was. The only problem we had eating there was that we became quite addicted to those maple breakfast sausages and only managed to snag a few measly packages from Duclos on our way out of town! However, if the tavern's management could arrange a monthly shipment of such delicacies:). I am sure we would return to Morgan's often enough - say once per season.....Are we in agreement?

“exceptional waitress/barkeeper”
Reviewed July 26, 2012

food was some of the best I've ever had in a hotel and the bar tender who was very helpful earlier in the day did an exceptional job of making our experience perfect

Visited July 2012
“Great food and service”
Reviewed June 17, 2012 via mobile

We ate dinner on the veranda looking out over the town green. Our server, Gloria, gave us great service and didn't rush us at all. She brought me a taste of two different wines when I couldn't decide which one I wanted. We had their house special shrimp, which smelled so good from a neighboring table that we had to try it, and it was delicious. My son's mushroom ravioli was also terrific, as was the apple crisp parfait. I would definitely go back there for dinner.

, General Manager at Morgan's Tavern, responded to this review, July 3, 2012
Thank you for your nice comments about the new Morgan's Tavern. We're working hard to make the dining experience the best that it can be and Gloria is a big part of that effort. And there's nothing better than comfortable outdoor dining on a pleasant summer evening. Surprisingly, Morgan's Tavern is one of only a few outdoor dining spots in the area. Hope to see you both again soon.

Middlebury, Vermont
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing Restaurant”
Reviewed May 15, 2012

My boyfriend and I went to this restaurant recently because we had a Restaurant.com gift card, and we absolutely loved it! Because of our gift card, we got a great deal on the food, and the food itself was delicious. We got a complimentary spinach and broccoli coquette to start things off, and it was SO GOOD, I wish we could buy them by the dozen. The soup was fantastic (my boyfriend got the onion soup and I got clam chowder), and our entrees were equally delicious (the vegetable wellington and the trio of small burgers). The service was amazing as well! I can't wait until we can go here again!

• Visited May 2012
, General Manager at Morgan's Tavern, responded to this review, July 3, 2012
It's nice to hear great comments from our Restaurant.com customers. We participate in these promotional websites, but sometimes we don't get the feedback as to how it's working. So thanks! And thanks for giving detailed comments on some of the menu items - it's very helpful to our chef as well as other customers.

Massachusetts
“Good food in a lovely inn setting”
Reviewed March 28, 2012

The restaurant at the Middlebury Inn has the same charm as the inn itself. The food was above average, and the wait staff was very attentive. The crab cakes were fantastic. I wish I had tried the strawberry soup!

Visited March 2012
Geoff C, General Manager at Morgan's Tavern, responded to this review, March 30, 2012
We're thrilled that you enjoyed your meal in Morgan's Tavern. Our Strawberry Soup recipe is a mainstay at the Inn, dating back many years, so you must come back and try it sometime along with some of our new menu offerings that are coming up. Thank you for taking the time to send in your review to Trip Advisor.