“EXCELLENT!”

Two Brothers Tavern
Ranked #2 of 44 Restaurants in Middlebury
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Kids, Bar scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Drinks, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Popular bar, restaurant and Lounge in the heart of Middlebury, featuring an award-winning menu of inspired Vermont Comfort fair and more than 24 beers on draught.
Augusta, Maine
“EXCELLENT!”
Reviewed February 12, 2011

I do not know what these people are talking about. This place is great! Great food and great beer..not to mention great service. The Chef is a freakin genius! If you want a great meal, great beer, and great ambiance...come here. Tyne Samson is the next best thing to Anthony Bourdain. these other flakes that comment here must think fine dining comes on a tray with golden arches.. Taste the food and these words not only ring true.. but sing across any palate that has even the least modicum of taste buds. This place is fine dining with t a local atmosphere. I just wish tyne would get up and sing. I have heard him in the past.. he is as good on guitar as he is with a spatula. A++++

• Visited February 2011
MokieVermont, Owner at Two Brothers Tavern, responded to this review, February 15, 2011
Thank you for the nice review and for making the trip over from Maine! We are very proud to have Tyne here! His culinary experience, creativity and professionalism have taken our hard working kitchen crew and fine menu up a notch! As a team we work hard every single day to put out the best product we can using the richest, freshest, local ingedients we can at a price our valued patrons can afford. Thank you again for the review - we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Holmes

Boston, Massachusetts
“very good eats and microbrews, even if our waiter was a bit forgetful”
Reviewed November 26, 2010

Went to this place to have a quick dinner with friends. Our waiter was very nice and attentive but didn't turn out to be the sharpest knife in the drawer. The beer selection was extensive and reasonably priced. We ordered two rounds of switchback, nothing to complain about there. For our appetizer we shared a plate of calamari and crab cakes, both of which exceeded our expectations. I got the pulled pork sandwich with a side of sweet potato fries. Both were very good. Tthe pork itself was tender and had a great smoky flavor, though the sandwich could have used a bit more to accent the pork.

All in all it was a very good meal.

MokieVermont, Owner at Two Brothers Tavern, responded to this review, January 7, 2011
Thank you very much for the kind review. We do try to offer a wide range of food and beverage offerings at a fair price. We have 25 beers on draught and a brand new menu featuring many culinary delights from our new head chef Tyne Sansom. Enjoy and thank you!
Boston, Massachusetts
“Always good pub style food, good beer and good company”
Reviewed October 13, 2010

Two Brothers is a Middlebury staple. Upstairs they have a bar area and a dining room. The food is decently priced and generally quite good. Some staples include the Sante Fe Torellini, Lobster Mac & Cheese, Meatloaf Sandwhich and of course, the Shephard's Pie.

Lewes, Delaware
“Disappointing experience”
Reviewed September 14, 2010

We ordered around 4:50pm, hoping to get an early dinner. I ordered meat loaf and mashed potatoes, one of my favorite meals. The waitress came back a couple of minutes later to tell us that mashed potatoes were not available until after 5. So I said, that's only 8 minutes! She said she would wait until 5, then put our order in. About 5:05 she came to say the mashed potatoes wouldn’t be ready for twenty minutes and asked if I wanted onion rings or french fries instead I wasn’t happy, but I took the onion rings. At 5:25, we were still waiting. It was not crowded at all; maybe only 4 other tables were occupied. I wondered if I would get my mashed potatoes, but at around 5:30 my meat loaf with onion rings was delivered. About 10 minutes later, the waitress came by and said that the mashed potatoes were now available and she would give them to me, free of charge. I passed, as I was not happy. When we got our bill, there was a $5 discount, due, according to the waitress, to the lack of mashed potatoes and the lengthy time to get our meal. The meat loaf was good, but the experience was poor. Yes, they tried to make things right, but it was too late. How hard is it to have mashed potatoes ready?

2 Thank GarySaw1
MokieVermont, Owner at Two Brothers Tavern, responded to this review, September 17, 2010
Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention. While I'll applaud our host's offer to give you free mashed potatoes and a $5.00 discount, I will certainly speak to our kitchen staff in order to ensure that mashed potatoes are available by 5:00pm every evening. Thank you
New York City, New York
“Great food, great service”
Reviewed August 27, 2010

This is our favorite restaurant in town, we ate there again last night and as usual had great food, great beer, and great service.

MokieVermont, Owner at Two Brothers Tavern, responded to this review, August 29, 2010
Thank you for making the trip up to Middlebury from New York and for stopping in at Two Brothers Tavern.

If you come through town often and If you haven't already signed up for our Frequent Diner Program, please consider doing so, as you will receive 10% off on all food purchases. Thank you!