“Great Place”

Ranked #4 of 48 Restaurants in Middlebury
Cuisines: American, Pub
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Popular bar, restaurant and Lounge in the heart of Middlebury, featuring an award-winning menu of inspired Vermont Comfort fair and more than 24 beers on draught.
Reviewed October 3, 2012

My wife and I recently stayed in Middlebury for a few days. We ate dinner on the restaurant side. The food and service were both very good. Afterwards, we went and sat in the tavern side for a few drinks. Good local brews on tap and good service. We liked it so much, we went back again a couple of days later and sat at the bar. Great appetizers that time around. We would have gone back if we were staying longer.

Reviewed September 27, 2012

It's an attractive place. We sat at the bar and ordered dinner. I had the stir fry, which was pretty good.

Reviewed September 21, 2012

Been here serveral times and have always wound up going downstairs which has a surprisingly hip feel to it in a sleepy little town like Middlebury. Good choice of beers on tap hit the spot. Upstairs is appealing on the eyes well, though I've never had any food from there (yet) but there is also a nice bar there as well.

Reviewed September 14, 2012

Great food, I had the Philly Cheesesteak that was stuffed like a Stromboli. Great beer, I recommend the potent Southern Tier, and the best Bloody Mary I've had in a very long time!

Reviewed September 4, 2012

we both enjoyed our recent lunch, our server Greg was quite helpful and knew about the menu choices, we both left feeling full and knowing we good a good value and a very good lunch