“Amazing Inn!!!!”

Ranked #1 of 3 Mendon B&B and Inns
New York City, New York
“Amazing Inn!!!!”
Reviewed February 23, 2011

We just had a long weekend at the Red Clover. Everything was perfect! The food was to die for. The living room was very cozy with a big fire going all night. The innkeeper (Mark) really made an effort to make every comfortable and happy. The hot tub was a nice touch for chilling out after a long day of skiing.

The complimentary breakfast has to be the best in Vermont!!!!

Get the cheese plate!!!!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Hoboken, New Jersey
Reviewed February 22, 2011

Just got back from a wonderful weekend skiing and staying at the Red Clover Inn. Not only was the house charming, cozy and wonderful to relax at but our room was spacious with fireplace keeping it toasty. . A great place to relax after a long day on the cold mountain. Excellent food and wine selection in the main house were wonderful. Mark and his staff made our weekend the best it could be. Can't wait to get back.
-Big Will and Liza

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed February 4, 2011

My wife and I spent two nights at the Red Clover Inn in January and really couldn't have been happier with our stay. The Inn is about 10 minutes from the Ski Lodge, yet surprisingly quite and secluded. The rooms were very comfortable and impeccably clean, but the real highlights for us were the the staff, the fireplace, and the restaurant. Mark, the Inn manager, went out of his way to make us feel welcome and ensure that our stay was everything we could ask for. The fireplace in the main lobby area (more like a living room really) was the perfect place to relax after a day of skiing, especially since Mark brought everyone hot choclate and homemade cookies. And whether or not you stay at the Inn, you should make reservations to eat at the restaurant, which has to be one of the best places to eat in all of Killington. I would highly recommend the Red Clover Inn and will definitely be returning in the future.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
New Jersey
Reviewed October 21, 2010

First I must tell you that I am a Chef for a major hotel corporation in New York City. My girlfriend and I were in Vermont for Columbus Day weekend and we booked dinner at the Red Clover. We did not stay there overnight in one of the rooms.
Our dinner was beyond our expectations. Service was right on the money and attentive. We got to talk to our waiter whom we found out was German (as I am,) and had worked in New York City but relocated to Vermont. Lucky guy!
The bread that was given to us was out of this world. Crusty on the outside and nice and soft on the inside. Slatthered with some butter, and I was in heaven. It was so good that I had them wrap up the last pieces to take back home with us.
My first course was a grilled quail over Israeli cous cous. The quail had a nice smokeyness to it and was perfectly cooked. My girlfriend had the beet, (not beef, ) tartare with Vermont feta. Outstanding!
My main course was the wild boar with truffle and musroom rissotto. The boar was a little tough, but was cooked medium, which was fine and had a nice gamey taste to it. The other entree was a huge filet sliced into three pieces with duck fat roasted fingerling potates, deliciously prepared.
For dessert we had waffles with vermont cream that was so slightly beaten and filled in the squares of the waffle. The other dessert was a chocolate cake with whipped Vermont cream.
Our waiter informed Chef Dennis that I was a Chef and he came out to the dining room to talk with us. He was nothing like I imagined him to be and I complimented him on a superb dinner. I assured him that next time we return to Vermont, we will definitely come again.
Perfect dinner for a perfect night that later had me proposing to my girlfriend in front of our fireplace. She said yes and is now my fiancee. Perfect night all around.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Mitso58
fair haven, vt
Reviewed September 8, 2010

I recently had my wedding at the Red Clover Inn and I could not have asked for a better experience. We stayed for two nights and the accomodations were excellent. Our rooms were comfortable, perfectly clean, quiet, and had excellent views. As my mother put it, this is the perfect place when you want to "get away from it all" because everything about the inn is set up so you can have a relaxing, fun time.

JD and Annie went above and beyond in helping make our event exactly what we wanted it to be. They were extremely helpful, friendly, and calming! It seemed like whenever I had a sudden moment of panic over something, they had already taken care of it. All of our wedding guests commented on how beautiful and peaceful the inn was. In fact, they are still talking about how perfect everything was and the wedding was almost 3 months ago!

I cannot rave about the food enough. The chef, Dennis, was absolutely amazing and crafted a menu that was not only delicious, but satisfied the needs of our guests' special diets (vegan, nut allergy, gluten-free, etc). The food was truly amazing-- I highly recommend eating in the restaurant if you stay at the inn!

Looking back on our wedding, I really cannot imagine how it could have been improved. My wife and I both thought it was perfect. We fell in love with the Red Clover Inn on our very first visit (over a year ago) and did not look at any other sites after that. We knew we'd found the right place. Thank you again to JD, Annie, and Dennis for making our wedding so wonderful!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Tampa Bay area
Reviewed August 11, 2010

I think my title sums up our visit. The one meal we had in the restaurant was excellent, and the chef had enough free time to chat with us about his recipes. The main inn is dated without being charming. Our first room was way too small, so we switched to Emma's Room (yes, the room names with tintype pictures of the supposed person whose name adorns them is creepy) and found it to be pretty nice but expensive for what you got. This is more of a winter ski lodge where you're out of the room most of the time, I'd guess. So I give the restaurant a thumb's up and the inn a shrug.

Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
NC
Reviewed June 1, 2010

The location is great. Close to the slopes, 7 minutes, but secluded enough that you can get away from the crowd. Quiet, beautiful area. The room was small but it was all we needed and it was very clean. If we go back I would pay the extra for a room with a jacuzzi. It would have felt great after skiing. They have one outside but it was too cold to walk back to the room wet! Breakfast was included and it was a treat. You couldn't ask for anything more. We dined at the restaurant one night and it was fabulous - very quiet and relaxing. The music was great too. It's so nice to have drinks with your dinner or at their bar and not have to drive anywhere. Just a beautiful place!!!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mendon
Hampton Inn Rutland/Killington
Mendon Mountainview Lodge
Best Western Inn & Suites Rutland-Killington
Comfort Inn Trolley Square
The Vermont Inn
The Vermont Inn
#2 of 3 in Mendon
The Mountain Top Inn & Resort

Been to Red Clover Inn & Restaurant? Share your experiences!