“Awesome Bed and Breakfast and more”

Red Clover Inn & Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 3 Mendon B&B and Inns
Reviewed December 17, 2012

The Red Clover inn is my favorite place to stay when skiing at Killington or Pico or just going up to the Vermont Area. There food is basically the same as going to a 4 star restaurant. The breakfasts and dinners are amazing. They are the same owners of Tyler Place for kids, which I have never been to, but I understand is run at the same high standards as this inn. The staff are warm and friendly and the rooms are great. You have your choice of lesser price rooms that are all nice and quiet and well appointed as well as other rooms with Jacuzzi's and fireplaces. The Inn supplies snow shoes if you want when they get the snow to do so. I can't say enough about the food that is just so amazing and delicious. Even if you are staying at another facility in the area, having dinner at the Red Clover Inn is a very smart choice. I have stayed here at least three times and I have never ever had a bad experience but always a great experience.

Room Tip: Depends what you want. All the rooms are great from the upper price to the lower price. You pay mor...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
TheRedCloverInn, Innkeeper at Red Clover Inn & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded December 19, 2012

We value the lasting relationships we are able to form with our returning guests. When guests come back to the Red Clover year after year (or month after month) it inspires us to make each visit just as good-- if not better than the last. Thank you for your support of the Red Clover Inn and we will look forward to seeing you again soon. All the best, Charlotte and the entire Red Clover staff.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

We decided to take a last minute drive to Vermont, so we went online and looked for B&B's near Killington. We came across The Red Clover Inn and it had the best reviews...all excellent so we decided to come here.
We are sooo glad we did. Our initial room apparently had some plumbing difficulty, so we were upgraded to the Emma at no extra charge. I had seen this room online and it was one I would have chosen, but opted for a less expensive room. The room was beautiful, with its rustic, French flair. The bedding was beautiful and comfy and the soaking tub was great.
We had a delicious meal. The squash soup was out of this world (we would have loved the recipe!) as was the Portugese steak and the Expresso infused beef tenderloin. We can't say enough about our meal. Breakfast the next morning was excellent too (try the pancakes if they have them and the pesto omelette.)
THe staff was sooo accomodating and friendly.
We definitely plan to go back sometime and would love to have a family get-together therre at some time as well.
Next time we will remember our bathing suits for the outdoor hot tub!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your kind review! We are so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us at the Red Clover Inn. Emma's is one of our favorite rooms. We are glad you appreciated her charm! Our restaurant uses the finest quality ingredients and you can taste the freshness and creativity in every meal. We look forward to welcoming you back to the inn! Best wishes, Charlotte and the entire Red Clover Staff

Reviewed November 11, 2012

I needed to go somewhere that was peacful,elegant, and close to outdoors activities. I was feeling glum and a retreat setting was what I needed. The country setting and a mountian peak is what you will see right as the landscape. The rolling grounds includes a hotub under a catherdral gazebo that you can use what ever the weather maybe and a open fire pit for those starry starry nights. Just beyond a grass path is a one mile dirt road loop for the runner in you. My room awaited me after my run and dinner. And what a room it was. The soft sage green hues and fresh scent filled the room that included cloud soft bedding.

The innkeepers Charlotte and Kristin were charming and very attentative to all my needs.
Heidi is a fabulous gourmet cook and will shower you with her morning delights (Cinamon Waffles) anyone? Also, the BEST hot Cocoa with whipped cream you will ever have in your life.Brenda will serve you with a smile. The dining experience at the Red Clover Inn is one you do not want to miss. The food is created to perfection, and Thomas will serve you with his Europeon charm.

Bring your laptop, due to the fact, the Red Clover Inn has WiFi and no problems connecting making any student or business person very happy. Winter,Fall,Spring or Summer the Red Clover Inn is on the top of my list of favorite places I want to be over and over again :)

Room Tip: The view from the the carriage house rooms have a great view of Pico Peak.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
TheRedCloverInn, Innkeeper at Red Clover Inn & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2012

Thank you for your kind review! It was a pleasure having you at The Red Clover Inn. We will look forward to your next visit. Best wishes, Charlotte/Innkeeper

Reviewed October 23, 2012

Can't praise this restaurant enough - great food, great staff, lovely setting, immacculate interior. You probably need to reserve a table as it seems very popular. Did not stay overnight but would have no hesitation in the future should we be lucky enough to revisit this lovely area. If you are staying at the nearby Mountain Top Inn & Resort, the Red Clover is the place to eat!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 23, 2012 via mobile

My girlfriend and I decided to get out of the city for a weekend and enjoy the awesomeness of Vermont. Close enough to NYC, the Red Clover INN was the perfect escape. It is near good hiking,biking, golf and skiing and boasts a delicious, farm to table kitchen. The rooms are all well made and CLEAN. All the inn keepers were excellent; attentive, friendly and very helpful. The Red Clover Inn is what hospitality should be. Hope this helps your decision. Enjoy!

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed August 20, 2012

The Red Clover Inn is a must stay and 5-star for the following reasons: (1) Paige, one of the inn-keepers is the most hospitable and cordial people I've ever met; she truly loves her job and the inn. During our stay Paige went out of her way to make my partner and me welcome and comfortable, including lighting the bonfire pit and providing us with smore fixings. (2) The accommodations. There were only a handful of guests at the inn during our stay, so in addition to our room (Elliot) I had the chance to look at all the other rooms - amazing. All very nicely appointed with full baths and some with Jacuzzi. The Elliot room was quite large but had only a standing shower stall, which was fine for an overnight. On my next stay there are other rooms I'd select having seen the layout. The inn is impeccably maintained and clean. (3) The tavern, restaurant, and amazing wait staff. I selected to stay here because of the restaurant and tavern. The chef takes great care in food preparation and the dining experience was superb. Try both the Portuguese steak and pork tenderloin as these are exceptionally prepared. The wine list is deep with some interesting vineyards, with a focus on Oregon reds and whites. The restaurant staff was very accommodating, friendly and helped in us having a great evening at the inn. I cannot wait to get back and enjoy the friendly hospitality of the Red Clover. I highly recommend a stay here. There is breakfast cooked to order as well as coffee round the clock. I should add there are no TVs in the rooms which add to the "unplug and get-away" mindset of the inn. It's an excellent place to just stay and relax or to base you for exploring the area and Route 100. Ski season is coming and I can't wait to stay during the winter! Thanks to Paige, Thomas and everyone at the Inn. An unexpected and superb experience.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
TheRedCloverInn, Innkeeper at Red Clover Inn & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded November 17, 2012

We are pleased you enjoyed your stay with us at The Red Clover Inn! Your review is wonderful and greatly appreciated. To clarify Elliiot's is one of five of our rooms with a private jacuzzi tub. It is slightly set back in the room and there is a chance you did not see it. I am sorry we did not point it out to you upon your arrival but the tub is awaiting your return visit! Best, Charlotte/Innkeeper

Reviewed July 31, 2012

Had a great stay. It may not suit everyone, depending on your preference for type of lodging, but for us it was near-perfect. Paige was extremely helpful-- I would say she should be promoted, except that she already seems to cover everything. The food was fabulous. Room was comfortable and above average for the price. We liked our first night there so much that we rearranged our schedule to return two nights later-- they let us keep some of our things in our room in the meantime, and we really appreciated the flexibility. If you have kids, or ever were a kid, you will love small farm pond full of bullfrogs (actually, many different kinds of frogs.) If you have an appreciation for apple trees, you will marvel at the ancient one behind the dining room. The grounds contain a barn and some older outbuildings of indeterminate current usage, but this didn't bother us (if you are seeking a sanitized Disney World version of rural New England, you should probably go to Florida). The flowerbeds and landscaping were gorgeous-- someone must spend a lot of time on them.

There were a couple of minor negatives, which I hesitate even to mention, since they were so outweighed by the positives-- but for completeness:
-Though the information sheet in our room said we could borrow DVDs to watch, there was no TV in the room. It seems (from the website) that some rooms have TVs, but some don't-- worth checking if that's important to you.
- There was some confusion over our dinner reservation time-- no one seemed quite sure what had happened. I think it was just some crossed wires and probably not typical.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mendon
Hampton Inn Rutland/Killington
5 mi away
Killington Mountain Lodge
Killington Mountain Lodge
#4 of 13 in Killington

Been to Red Clover Inn & Restaurant? Share your experiences!