“Always a great Meal”
Review of The Snow Angel Tavern - CLOSED

The Snow Angel Tavern
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: The Snow Angel Tavern is a chef-owned and family-run restaurant in the Killington/Rutland area. The menu is gastro-pub fare; fresh food with a creative twist. We offer you an upscale pub food menu where everything is homemade—right down to the French Fries and Whipped Cream.The Snow Angel Tavern is a place where you can get fine dining quality, but still feel like you're in a casual pub and the prices are more than reasonable! You can bring your entire family because there is something for everybody: fresh seafood and steaks, nightly specials, home-made desserts, exotic cocktails... and of course, a special Kid's menu!
Mendon, Vermont
“Always a great Meal”
Reviewed February 12, 2014

We are locals in this area and have been eating at the Snow Angel Travern since it opened. I can't remember a time when were were disappointed by either the food, service or ambiance. Although there are two full bars, the atmosphere and clientele tends to be somewhat family oriented. The chef has created some really unique dishes, there is always something new to try. The restaurant offers specials on different nights of the week offering soe wonderful values. I would recommend it to anyonoe loking for unique, quality food, good service and a simple setting where the cusomer always comes first!

• Visited February 2014

suburban Boston, MA
“Good prices, uneven food”
Reviewed February 1, 2014

This restaurant was recommended by a near-by B&B owner. The parking lot was about 3/4 full - usually a good sign. The service was very slow. My husband had the french onion soupr and the stuffed chicken & liked both. I had the New England clam chowder and it was awful -- so thick I wasn't sure if I should use a spoon or a fork, and there were no clams. (I'm guessing they pureed in some of the potatoes), followed by the steamed PEI mussels. The mussels were in a broth that had milk and was very sour. Servings are very large (I had an appetizer as a main course and was not hungry, to give you an idea of the size), and the prices were very reasonable. The restaurant is clearly popular. My gues would be that it's because of the value rather than the quality. Not going back.

South County, Rhode Island
“Consistently great food”
Reviewed January 25, 2014

This place is not fancy. And the men's bathroom could be replaced or at least heated. But one does not come here for a fancy place. You come here for the GREAT food and good service. We have been patrons since the first year. No matter what you choose it is excellent. And if you bring friends, they go away smiling. Each time we bring friends they comment on how good their meals were. Definitely a must visit place!

New Hampshire
“Thank you other reviewers”
Reviewed January 22, 2014

We stopped here for dinner on the way to a weekend away. I read the reviews and was not disappointed. Although it didn't look like much from the outside, the food and service was excellent. I had schnitzel with noodles with a caper lemon sauce that was delicious. My husband had the lamb burger which he enjoyed very much. I had a taste of the burger alone (I don't like spicy, so it wouldn't be something I would pick), and it was well seasoned and yummy.

I this is worth a try if you are in the area.

Holyoke, Massachusetts
“enjoyed it”
Reviewed January 8, 2014

We went here twice, once to dine and once for take-out (due to a snow storm). Both times the food was prepared well. The chef has an original take on everyday items and uses fresh ingredients. I had a chicken quesadilla with fresh corn, which was tasty. The angus burger arrived as I had asked (medium rare is difficult in a burger) and it was on an English muffin, which pleased me as I can never finish an entire one. The french fries were superb. The menu varies, so you can easily satisfy your appetite and your wallet. Glad I went there.

• Visited December 2013