“just ok”
Review of The Snow Angel Tavern - CLOSED

The Snow Angel Tavern
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: The Snow Angel Tavern is a chef-owned and family-run restaurant in the Killington/Rutland area. The menu is gastro-pub fare; fresh food with a creative twist. We offer you an upscale pub food menu where everything is homemade—right down to the French Fries and Whipped Cream.The Snow Angel Tavern is a place where you can get fine dining quality, but still feel like you're in a casual pub and the prices are more than reasonable! You can bring your entire family because there is something for everybody: fresh seafood and steaks, nightly specials, home-made desserts, exotic cocktails... and of course, a special Kid's menu!
Weare, New Hampshire
“just ok”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

limited menu on grill night -- went with steak and it was overcooked. shrimp cocktail was not worth the $

Visited August 2013

Westfield, New Jersey, United States
“Snow Angel Brings A New Level of Dinning Experience to Killington”
Reviewed August 23, 2013

My husband has been coming to this area for over 30 years and I have for the past twelve we have been married. We have been to every restaurant in the area all the way down to Rutland and up to Woodstock. Without a doubt Snow Angel has the best food. It is fresh, everything home made, incredible sauces and outstanding specials. We went in July and talked about the Wedge Salad for the next month anticipating getting back up there for another one. The ribs are some of the best my husband and I have eaten and we come from a long line of rib makers in our family. This is not just great food for the area but great food in general. And we are not inexperienced eaters. We put this up against some of the top restaurants we have been to from NYC and NJ. The service is outstanding and Chef Lance went out of his way to make us a special request and was happy to do it at anytime. This is a family owned and run establishment and they take a lot of pride in all aspects of their business. We can't wait to come back.

• Visited August 2013
Brooklyn, New York
“Wonderful find in Vermont!!!”
Reviewed August 19, 2013

The staff is professional and works hard to make you feel at home in this beautiful restaurant. The kitchen serves a sophisticated menu, not to mention the superb and generous bar. Not a single detail was missed in the fabulous meals we were served. We both agreed that we had one of the best meals we ever experienced!

Visited August 2013
1 Thank Cheryl Z
Medford, New Jersey
“Unexpected and Excellent!”
Reviewed August 9, 2013

Stopped in for dinner at the recommendation of innkeeper at The Vermont Inn. Husband and I were not disappointed. Meal was very good and not overpriced (coming from New Jersey). Since we were in the "off season" (summer) menu was somewhat limited, but the salmon I ordered was the BEST I've had; also enjoyed the tomato and mozzarella salad appetizer. Décor is rather odd and quirky/dated - which is keeping with most places where we stopped in the area. Not a "romantic" dinner, but the place was not crowded and we were very pleased overall. Don't let the appearance deter you!

• Visited August 2013
Clinton, New Jersey
“A treasure!!!”
Reviewed July 22, 2013

Had been wanting to try the Snow Angel - I travel to Vermont a few times a year for vacation and it was on my list of new restaurants to try. I was not prepared for the absolutely amazing dinner I had on my first visit. It was Grill Night, the menu was a Prix Fix at $18. I had the best filet mignon I have ever had the pleasure of eating in my life....accompanied by scallopped potatoes and corn on the cob. I am not a huge fan of corn, but I must say - it was sweet and soooo delicious - I enjoyed every bite.
Our bartender was delightful, beautiful, and not pushy. We later found out she was one of the owners. Chef Lance Richard came out to meet us - we chatted with him for quite a bit. He was charming!
We enjoyed our first experience there so much, we went back two nights later! We had the hamburger and fries, and a caesar salad to share. I have not had better fries since Belgium! So delicious!
The icing on the cake - so to speak, was the chocolate cake we enjoyed for dessert. Best dessert ever! So moist and flavorful - I am sorry I didn't order a piece to take home.

Both Chef Richard and Viktoriya were happy to see us - they made us feel like family. I cannot wait for my next trip to Vermont and another fabulous dining experience! HIGHLY RECOMMEND THE SNOW ANGEL!!!!!

• Visited July 2013